Almost skunked today

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I planned to head to this different place to detect but something came up. I went to the river instead and those guys with the PI's have it so cleaned up, I didn't even find a penny in the water. Found a 10K ring that weighed 1.72 grams and no stones. The guy who is the care taker must be sick or something because the bathrooms were locked up tight and I couldn't change out of my wet clothes. So, I went to this other boat landing about a mile or so from the park and for some reason the power lines over the river made my At/Pro go nuts. Couldn't get it to work right and headed home. I never had any problem here before except with my GTI-2500 on land and wonder if it was because I changed the regular batteries out and put the rechargeable ones into the detector. Drove to the place I wanted to go in the first place and looked it over and hope to hit it Monday, even tho the water is still pretty deep and they're running an irrigation pump out of this stream. Did see part of a sandbar I hadn't seen before and hope to check it out next week. Last place on my list the owner had given me permission and I hadn't been back in about a year and they had changed the combination lock out to a regular padlock. I'll call him next week and see if I still have permission and can get a key from him. It's a swim hole that's seen lots of folks, but some guy told me he and some other people worked it over with a dredge several years ago and it might not have must left. The owner promised to show me where the old home place was, but don't know if I can detect there now because he has a crop planted. Can't take any photos because of thunder and lightning, even tho it's not raining. My photos taken inside just have too much glare for some reason. Hope the rest of you had a better day than I did, but when I first got to the river a flock of geese flew right over me and that made my day and just getting out in God's outdoors is a blessing. This is my 2nd gold find this year and the year is getting late. Photos tomorrow.

Upvote 0

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Congrats on the gold. Just playing in gods playground is gold.

sponge using smoke signals.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
fongu,..that 10K ring is a great find; much better than what I've been finding lately.

Glad you can out to hunt; I've been relegated to reclining on the patio this past week with a slew of books for reading following a 2nd deep steroid spinal injection ;need a few more days of recuperating, then will be back out there ASAP

Sounds like a very interesting place that you are hunting...I wish you the best

Lorraine

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Glad you can out to hunt; I've been relegated to reclining on the patio this past week with a slew of books for reading following a 2nd deep steroid spinal injection ;need a few more days of recuperating, then will be back out there ASAP
Lorraine

I wish you a speedy recovery, Lorraine. Hope you are back out there soon finding more cool stuff to post for us.

OP
OP
F

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you are feeling better soon, Lorraine. Those injections never did me any good and when they injected my neck it felt like ice water instead of something for pain and I decided it wasn't worth the risk of being paralyzed.
Here's the photos. Didn't find the first coin, but would rather find gold rings anyway. First two photos of ring and two small items the At/Pro found. The little round item looks like a copper or brass spacer. 3rd photo all the trash. Two pieces of tin foil to the left of the pull tabs and pop tops was in almost chest deep water and looked like somebody used it to barbecue and then dumped it in the lake. Sounded just like a ring. The ring I found was 39-41 on the dvi. The fish leader was all over the place in tone and dvi reading. I had the 5 X 8 coil on and it pulled some tiny targets from 6-8 inches including what looks like part of a watch with the bullets and casings inside the snuff can lid. HH.
Almost skunked today 002 (Custom).jpg Almost skunked today 003 (Custom).jpg
Almost skunked today 001 (Custom).jpg

OP
OP
F

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't seem to get out and do any detecting lately. Anytime I make plans, it seems like either Mama is sick or something else needs my attention. I really wanted to go today after skipping my plans this weekend. Mama is my priority and the stuff isn't going anywhere and if it does, so what. Family is my treasure and I'm blessed to realize this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread