Coin beach DE questions

Dbat

Jul 30, 2014
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm heading back to Coin Beach for a short family vacation again and at least now I have a sand sifter and a hand held pin-pointer. Don't have a beach metal detector yet though. It looked like there were a lot of shells and rocks in the shelf, just a little way into the surf. Is that a good place to look there or is it better in the dry sand?

Someone on this site told me they recently dredged the inlet and deposited the sand on the beach. Did they use anything to screen the sand? I'm new to this and just looking to have some fun. Maybe bring home some sandstone type rocks to explore. Any advice about that beach or beach hunting in general is greatly appreciated.

Here's a picture of some of the things I found my first trip there. Hope to someday find a coin.... Who knows! :dontknow:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 114
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    538.9 KB · Views: 118
Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes they filtered all, nothing bigger then a quarter will go thru...I have a picture around some where...

louie41

Aug 23, 2013
Maryland Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
White's 4900/D Pro Plus, Ace 350, whites BHID, TRX PP and Whites digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I remember going there last late summer/fall and seeing that huge operation. what a mess. I didn't know they screened it as it came back on shore. oh well.

deldave

Jul 9, 2013
coastal Delaware
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, ACE 250, pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Dbat, Which beach are you going to hunt. I am a local and am on the beach at least 10-12 hrs. each week. Let me know, in any case I can say that my Ace 250 does a great job on dry and damp sand. You just need to put in the time. I don't bother with my pinpointer in the sand. A good scoop is all that's needed. Oh, yea patience helps alot.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
They learned after Strathmere there is treasure in the deep and they will do all they can to capture it.......But a tip, I was in OCMD today and the beach was ripped, and another high tide with the full moon is due tonight...could hold some deep cuts up North ...
the final link to the pipe to the shore
Filter.jpg

OP
OP
D

Dbat

Jul 30, 2014
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone! That's quite a contraption! Maybe a few small coins got through. I have a big yellow scoop so I'll have a little fun. What about the shells etc in the shelf where everything collects in the water, are you allowed to scoop there?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread