Garrett AT Pro at low tide

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seeing you out with your AT Pro makes me wonder how my Garrett GTAx 1000 would fare on the beach and wet sand.

Rockyredbaron

HH to all

gulfcoaster

May 11, 2014
Pensacola, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Garrett AT Pro, White's Bullseye TRX, Stealth Classic 8" Sand Scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good video....nice to see someone having success with the AT Pro in the salt water. It's not always easy, but it's better for us here in Florida. Why the long-sleeve shirt, though? I saw people in bathing suits in the water. Is it for the sun protection?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seeing you out with your AT Pro makes me wonder how my Garrett GTAx 1000 would fare on the beach and wet sand.

Rockyredbaron

HH to all
Just like AT PRO, depending on your location your 1000 may work well on the dry sand but it could have trouble in the WET sand. The salt content and Blacksand can vary from beach to beach. But you won't know until you try it . Good luck..:coins::coins:

Last edited:
OP
OP
MiamiFox

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Good video....nice to see someone having success with the AT Pro in the salt water. It's not always easy, but it's better for us here in Florida. Why the long-sleeve shirt, though? I saw people in bathing suits in the water. Is it for the sun protection?

My AT Pro works great. Don't use the snap on coil protector because it traps sand, water and air between the coil and the cover and will give you strange signals.

Yes I always wear a white long-sleeve cotton shirt. It actually keeps you cool and you don't get fried by the sun.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when you are in the water, what mode are you hunting?

I met a guy in the surf on a trip and he said he was using zero mode.

I never used that one.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
when you are in the water, what mode are you hunting? I met a guy in the surf on a trip and he said he was using zero mode. I never used that one.

Pro zero, notch iron to about 31 and manual ground balance to 11.

37 others

Tenderfoot
Aug 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got scoop envy. That thing looks industrial. What is it?, About how much do they run?
What ultimately happened to the hot babe on the top left corner of the frame.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pro zero, notch iron to about 31 and manual ground balance to 11.
My AT PRO doesn't run stable in pro mode in the salt...I run standard mode, zero.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rockyredbaron

HH to all
I think the AT pro is different than other VLF detector. My ACE 250 falsed in the wet sand, even with sensitivity at two bars out of eight. When the AT pro first came out all the veteran detectorist were telling everyone it wouldn't work well in the salt because it was a VLF detector. They are now learning that the AT is different than the VLFs of the past. It doesnt work well on all beaches but mild beaches like here in Florida it does quite well. Not as good as multi frequency detectors but definitely usable.

Last edited:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need to get my book back out and read up on these modes again. thanks for the mode info :)

OP
OP
MiamiFox

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
when you are in the water, what mode are you hunting?

I met a guy in the surf on a trip and he said he was using zero mode.

I never used that one.

I use Pro Zero Mode then ground balance and then what ever number that is I drop it down one notch

OP
OP
MiamiFox

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
I've got scoop envy. That thing looks industrial. What is it?, About how much do they run?
What ultimately happened to the hot babe on the top left corner of the frame.

It's a Howie Scoop. Great scoop and light. And for the hot babe, I didn't think it was proper to show what she did next on YouTube.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MiamiFox

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
My AT PRO doesn't run stable in pro mode in the salt...I run standard mode, zero.

Thanks lookindown even though mine runs good in Pro mode I'll try the standard mode next time

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread