Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never tried. only found 2 nice rings in my time detecting and both times it was one of those in the middle of nowhere on the beach and an owner to be found wasn't happening.

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't try that hard, I'll check on Craigslist and see if anyone posts that they lost something. Most of the time they don't seem to even try. Oh well their lose.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I try hard if it has a name in it...with no name, its mine.

Molon Labe

Feb 4, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While I've never found a nice ring, if it has a name ill try but if it has no name and its an expensive ring, I would have to hear something about it to return it because I wouldn't trust asking someone if they lost a really expensive ring because they would just say yes

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
If there was a name on it I would try to return it also. Yea I would love to cash it in but my conscious would take over. Its all good I never look for a name untill after I melt it. I never seem to find one. Dont know.

sponge using smoke signals.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If the item has identifying markings on it, then I try to trace it back to the owner.

Class rings are the easiest to trace most of the time, but this is on my own as the schools /alumni do not follow through when I phone them with info.

Lorraine

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actively try to find anyone who lost any decent jewelry. I post an ad on Craig's list lost and found. No photo or details about the ring, just a vague description of the area. If someone lost something, they'll need to respond to the ad with a detailed description and a good idea of where they lost it. Returns can be very rewarding in so many ways.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread