Im in the outer banks

OP
OP
Vikingblood

Vikingblood

Sep 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in nags head. I have already detected like 10 hours and found about a dollar. Been in the water with my Minelab and didn't find a thing. Never searched so long and found so little.

OP
OP
Vikingblood

Vikingblood

Sep 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know what the busiest beaches in the outer banks are?

ecoast

Sep 12, 2013
The Highlands of NW NJ
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, V3i, DeepTech Vista SMART, ATP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
make sure you stay north and not on the nat'l seashore = confiscation

OP
OP
Vikingblood

Vikingblood

Sep 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any idea where that starts. Is nags head legal.

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While the National Seashore does start at Whalebone junction, the beach is not included until you get down to where the beach road turns west into NC 12 just north of Coquina Beach. Nags Head and South Nags head are open to detecting as are Kitty Hawk, KDH, Southern Shores, Duck and Corolla.
Check out the map, the National Seashore is in green.
Cape Hatteras National Seashore (U.S. National Park Service)

As far as better detecting locations, any public beach access that you can park should be a good starting point. There are a few in South Nags Head but for the most part there are more cottages than hotels there. In theory there would be less of a concentration of people.

habs

doverturtle

Apr 23, 2010
York County, PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon; Garrett AT Pro; Garrett Infinium; XP Deus; Minelab Excalibur 1000
I'll be in the Corolla/Duck area for a few days next month. If all goes well, I will be testing out a Garrett Infinium LS in the water there.

OP
OP
Vikingblood

Vikingblood

Sep 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only hit a target once every hour or so with my excal. There is nothing on nags head beaches. I mean nothing!!

Used my v3i as well but still nothing. Even with my special settings.

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I only hit a target once every hour or so with my excal. There is nothing on nags head beaches. I mean nothing!! Used my v3i as well but still nothing. Even with my special settings.

Was the same for me too, then I put a Wot on my excal. Game changer. It may be there's no targets or just out of reach of standard coils.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm in the outer banks for the next month so if anyone is around and can show me some spots I would greatly appreciate it. Call me. 6097521221.

Erik

I am seeing the same thing in wilmington, just a bit south of the outer banks. My thoughts are that 1) beach replenishment was crazy this year. The beaches were destroyed after this winter so there is tons of new sand and B) I have been noticing that just more sand is being piled up from the last 2 storms. Instead of taking a layer they added to it so I think the only finds are recent drops and they are being searched by everyone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread