Sand Scoop Harness for Waist High Scoop
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By Treasure_Hunter
  • 1 Post By penzfan
  • 1 Post By ColonelDan
  • 1 Post By HARRASS
  • 1 Post By penzfan
  • 1 Post By Sir Gala Clad

Thread: Sand Scoop Harness for Waist High Scoop

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Garry

Nov 2013
    Treasure Coast Of Florida
    Minelab Equinox 800 Minelab CTX 3030 Garrett AT Pro Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch Tesoro Sand shark Whites prizim 4 Minelab Go 20 Stealth Extreme 920
    1646 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)

Sand Scoop Harness for Waist High Scoop

I have a question for anyone using a sand scoop who drags it or carry's it for hours on end. I am not as young as I use to be. I carry my waste high sand scoop on the beach in dry, wet sand and in the water. I am starting to get tendonitis in my left arm from carrying it. I hit the beach for at least 3 to 4 hours at a time. Sometimes I go all day. I am finding that my left arm is starting to take a beating from carrying the scoop for long periods of time. I have been looking on line for a shoulder harness that I can attach to my scoop that would allow me to carry it on my shoulder rather than with my left arm. I saw here on the forum that someone used a rifle harness to attach and carry their scoop. I was wondering if anyone else has modified their scoop to allow for a harness to be used? Thanks
    If you don't look for it you won't find it!! So get out there and dig it.

us
    Honorary Goonie

Jul 2014
    NH
    Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
    1261 times
    Metal Detecting
    I'm just getting back into THing after a 10-year layoff. I didn't ever get a scoop, but tomorrow I will be ordering one!

I'm getting old and grumpy, and pain-ridden myself, so I'm planning on attaching a single-point rifle sling to my scoop. That way it will be able to swing out of the way behind my back if necessary.
    Only a motorcycle rider knows why a dog sticks his head out the window.

ie
    Sep 2010
    France
    ACE 250,
    285 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Hi-

heres a harness i made from the strap off a laptop bag. Best thing ever. Where it joins the machine its on a swival from a dog collar. Beau Ouimette did a video on how to do it. Same idea would work for a scoop. good luck Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00549.JPG 
Views:	203 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	1039818
    The body wants to go back in time, the heart lives for today and the mind thinks about the future.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29615 times
    I attached a wall hanger to my belt that holds my finds pouch, my scoop has an eyelet in it that I hook on the hanger that drags by my side behind me.

goldkey, penzfan and ColonelDan like this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    Retired

Apr 2014
    CTX - Excal - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
    987 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    I attached a wall hanger to my belt that holds my finds pouch, my scoop has an eyelet in it that I hook on the hanger that drags by my side behind me.

I use a similar method with a tool hook from HF TH that also allows the scoop to leave a trail in the dry sand killing two birds with one stone.
    Treasure_Hunter likes this.
    U.S. Air Force Veteran - Retired Fed with 36 years of Service. "Today's the Day...I gotta get out there with my Minelab"

Charter Member
    us
    Colonel

Jan 2014
    Central Florida
    CTX 3030; EQX 800; Excal II
    731 times
    I have the same set up for dragging my Stealth Scoop as Treasure Hunter...in fact, I learned it from TH the first time we hunted a Florida beach together! Works extremely well...
    ~The Challenge: Big Beach; Little Coil; Tiny Targets ~

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"~ Leonardo da Vinci

~Pre-determined settings serve only to get you in the ballpark. Itís up to you to pick the best seat~

ca
    Aug 2011
    Alexandria
    2 Excals, tiger shark, explorer, Quattro, ace 250 and an f2
    17 times
    I always drag my scoops behind me leaving a trail so I can have an idea of where I have detected without going over the same area twice. I like the wall hanger idea. I will try and rig it up to my belt.

us
    Nov 2013
    TN
    Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
    1633 times
    Metal Detecting
    Go to Lowes in the ladder section and get a 'Tool Lasso', about $8. Attach one of the ballthingys to your scoop and the holder to your belt and drag it that way. Absolutely no strain on shoulder/arm- tho when the scoop fills with sand it'll tug on your belt. But I just look at that as extra leg exercise.
    "Those who cannot compete intellectually tend to develop a cultural aversion to the whole idea." -- Fred Reed
    ========================================
    Minelab Safari
    Minelab Excalibur II
    Minelab CTX 3030

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29615 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampFerguson/TN View Post
    Go to Lowes in the ladder section and get a 'Tool Lasso', about $8. Attach one of the ballthingys to your scoop and the holder to your belt and drag it that way. Absolutely no strain on shoulder/arm- tho when the scoop fills with sand it'll tug on your belt. But I just look at that as extra leg exercise.
    Problem with that is the cord will rot if you hunt in the water.

The brass wall hanger cost me about $3.00. I use a nylon belt for my finds pouch so I burnt holes in belt with soldering iron corresponding with screw holes in hook, heat from iron sealed holes in belt from tearing and I attached the hook with tie wraps. I replace the tie wraps once a year...
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    Retired

Apr 2014
    CTX - Excal - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
    987 times
    I hang my scoop on my hook by the business end and let the tip of the handle drag in the sand. This keeps the scoop from filling with sand and becoming heavy. It also gives me a nice clean line in the sand and keeps the heavy end from hitting my legs when in the water.

This is the hook that I use: 2 Piece Wrench Rings

HH
    RVRoamer66 likes this.
    U.S. Air Force Veteran - Retired Fed with 36 years of Service. "Today's the Day...I gotta get out there with my Minelab"

Jul 2012
    513 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    You might consider switching hands.
    It will take some effort getting used to sweeping the search coil in either direction.
    It is best to start with the side that you don't normally use; so that it will be easy
    when you switch back to your favored side.
    After a while it will be automatic, and you won.t even think about which hand you are sweeping with.

the benefit is that both arms get worked the same way
    deldave likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links