storms rolling off of Africa (tropics heating up)

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wv.jpg
The Intertropical Convergence Zone looks like it will be heating up in the near future.. A lot of moist air seems like it will be pushing away the Saharan dust layer also

Upvote 0

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
It's kind of funny how just about everyone in a hurricanes path would be saying "oh no! I hope we don't get one!" As they worry about their homes, vehicles, and losing power, but not a treasure hunter! Nope! Everyone wants it to come and it's kind of comical! Love the attitude of you crazy adventure seekers! Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bring it...B r i n g ..i t..

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously guys and gals.. As of 11p.m. 4 of the 6 most reliable models have this making landfall in Florida now.
The G.F.S. model.. Is historically very good..and it has it almost stalling near the Bahamas and blowing up before making landfall on the treasure coast.
I see little wind in the upper levels..hot water.. and a good chance at it slowing way down as it nears the Bahamas.. Be ready to secure things if need be.

Last edited:

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
It's kind of funny how just about everyone in a hurricanes path would be saying "oh no! I hope we don't get one!" As they worry about their homes, vehicles, and losing power, but not a treasure hunter! Nope! Everyone wants it to come and it's kind of comical! Love the attitude of you crazy adventure seekers! Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Anything on low ground experiences absolutely unimaginable destruction. Its not the wind, Its the walls of fast moving water that cause the worst destruction. Hurricane Ike in Galveston Texas was a substantial insurance profit center for me. I had several homes and an apartment complex replaced from the ground up. The stress from dealing with the massive amount of physical work and insurance company claims took such a toll, that it turns my stomach to think back to the aftermath beginning mid September of 2008.
It was three years of unimaginable stress spurred not from financial issues, but from the enormous amount of work that had to be supervised, completed and inspected in such a short amount of time. Insurance proceeds have strict deadlines pertaining to their distribution, and insurance companies know and capitalize on the system that they have lobbied hard to tailor.
I don't live there, but a sizable portion of my business is there. Early on, on several occasions I coward in shock and glassy eyed amongst the ruins my Texas canal home like a scared animal.. There was no other place to stay or sleep for hundreds of miles.
The canals, days earlier filled with my neighbors sailboats and center consoles were now full off cars and rotting dead animals.

Only someone who has lived through such an event could possibly understand the sensation of helpless uneasyness and psychological terror that the aftermath invokes.

I would stay there in two or three weeks spurts to manage the recovery, and I still recall almost every time I stepped back off the jetway and into the bright Southern California Sunshine under perfect blue skies where it seemed that no one except those closest to me had ever heard of Galveston County Texas or hurricane Ike.

Last edited:

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to hear you went through all that during that time period. I'm sure it's not a pleasant thing to go through. On the other hand we could use some crazy waves to strip these beaches to make it more lively to be able to recover more targets and blow some of that lost treasure from hundreds of years ago and the modern jewelry just waiting to be found. Sponge and Gator boy have been seriously sanded in for too long. I also hope my buddy OBN gets some sand stripping waves up his way as well. After all this is a treasure hunting website and this is the thing we need to get things going again so I hope it happens to the beaches but not to people's property. It's time to wash up some more of the queens fleet to these guys that wait for it and hunt day after day knowing that, that day could come without a hint. Our beaches have been ruined by replenishment projects, (lol) burying our treasures of the sea that we just can't dig up fast enough before some tree hugger wants the beaches back to the way they used to be. If nature wants to reshape Our coastline then it should be left alone, not re shaped the way people want it, while dumping 10ft of sand on top of all that lost Gold, Platinum, and...well maybe not silver, oh wait forgot about reales! Sorry silver too. They could keep spending millions of dollars year after year to satisfy the beach goers but Mother Nature will win again and again. I haven't seen a hurricane since Gloria in the 80's up in N.Y.. It's time!... I sold my pretty truck so drop a palm frond on my current vehicle, I don't care! I'm ready to hunt gold matey's Bring on the STORM!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
This thing is a big ? . Whats it gonna do. Water temps are hot. Strengthening could occur very rapidly. How strong will the front be? Is it gonna steer into us or away? All I know is I need batteries and I need them now. Them batteries aren't for a flashlight or radio either. Good luck to all, be safe, dont get sucked out to sea.

sponge using smoke signals.

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Likewise...
Busy land hunting right now...man its hot

ForumRunner_20140823_141651.png

ForumRunner_20140823_141557.png

ForumRunner_20140823_141621.png

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it will not become a cat 2!!!

it will not track paralel to the east coast!!!!

it will not remove lots of sand from our beaches without causing damage to houses!!!!

it will not be one of the slowest moving hurricanes on record!!!!

now,.......lets see if that works!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

You forgot one....."It will not scatter hordes of priceless treasures onto the beach!" :laughing7:

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah..that's not me..that's back before any laws about hunting the dunes

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
image-2903695698.jpg That should send you some waves,get ready folks! Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

image-1593459379.jpg

Last edited:

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to hear you went through all that during that time period. I'm sure it's not a pleasant thing to go through. On the other hand we could use some crazy waves to strip these beaches to make it more lively to be able to recover more targets and blow some of that lost treasure from hundreds of years ago and the modern jewelry just waiting to be found. Sponge and Gator boy have been seriously sanded in for too long. I also hope my buddy OBN gets some sand stripping waves up his way as well. After all this is a treasure hunting website and this is the thing we need to get things going again so I hope it happens to the beaches but not to people's property. It's time to wash up some more of the queens fleet to these guys that wait for it and hunt day after day knowing that, that day could come without a hint. Our beaches have been ruined by replenishment projects, (lol) burying our treasures of the sea that we just can't dig up fast enough before some tree hugger wants the beaches back to the way they used to be. If nature wants to reshape Our coastline then it should be left alone, not re shaped the way people want it, while dumping 10ft of sand on top of all that lost Gold, Platinum, and...well maybe not silver, oh wait forgot about reales! Sorry silver too. They could keep spending millions of dollars year after year to satisfy the beach goers but Mother Nature will win again and again. I haven't seen a hurricane since Gloria in the 80's up in N.Y.. It's time!... I sold my pretty truck so drop a palm frond on my current vehicle, I don't care! I'm ready to hunt gold matey's Bring on the STORM!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Its a choice we make when we choose to live or work on the Gulf Coast. Incidentally during the second half of the 20th century, the Gulf coast has gotten the brunt of the worst storms.
During the early to mid 1900's it was Florida's east coast that got hammered over and over. In the 19 teens , 20's and thirty's on three different occasions, Merrit Island, Indialantic, Melbourne beach, Sebastion shores and most of the Barrier Islands all the way south past Hollywood, Miami and the Florida Keys were completely submerged by Huge Tidal surges that left the entire coasts under water for several days following the initial storm events.

That has not happened to the Eastern Floridian coast in so long that most current residents are not aware that it is even remotely possible. They just can't imagine that scenario occurring. When it does again, it won't be possible to locate A1A, even from the air. In most places the pavement will no longer be there at all. The relative location of the causeways, and GPS will be the only way to determine bearings.
There will be no landmarks, just sand.... There will be stretches of coastline that retain no evidence at all of the present housing tracts and strip centers that exist there now.
All the building material that they once consisted of will be located in the form of a huge stretch of 1/2 block wide by 50 foot tall wall of debris resting against the cliffs of the much higher East Floridian mainland that borders the western banks of the Indian River.

The mainland cities of Melbourne Palmbay, Cocoa Beach, Titusville or Orlando will have very little evidense of storm damage compared to the coastal barrier Islands which will no longer be recognizable.

Oh yeah, and the first two and 1/2 stories of all the high-rises will be gutted down to the flame ******ant that covers their support beams. What's left of their slabs will be suspended over a five foot tunnel that will lead through to the other side, but otherwise they will remain just fine.....

Last edited:

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Xs 2a pro, Excalibur ll, Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well when everyone is complaining about the heat and how can they cook anything without the microwave, I'll still be slurping down coffee and making pancakes. In all seriousness take precaution even if this isn't a direct hit, the debris in high seas can be invisible till it's to late. Securing homestead and prepping the camping gear. You bring the marshmallows gator and sponge can bring the gram crackers I will probably have eaten the chocolate before that.