Anyone here skilled in using the BHID 300 by Whites?

Sandancer

Jul 18, 2014
Have used a BHID 300 on Cape cod for several years now. It is a good machine. I have found gold, silver and platinum. I find it a little hard to pin point due to the large coil, but it goes deep and the lights are accurate. I would recommend digging all yellows as you never know what will come up. I find it most usefull on the wet sand and in the water. On dry sand it can be a bit heavy. A word of advice is that you will detect beer cans down to four feet. If you raise the coil a foot off the ground and you still get a signal, don't bother digging unless you want the excercise.

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Also watch for a blueish green light but yes the yellows are the ticket. Had one a few years back before I got talked into a PI. Missed it every time I dug iron and those led lights were convenient. Pulled 7 rings in 8 days in the dry sand at a yacht club beach chair area. Missed it after I got rid of it although ground balancing was not fun. image-745456882.jpg image-2772135332.jpg I would have gotten one again but have a excal now. Keep the BH ID 300 and if you ever want something else have 2. Same coil as the dual field pi and the BH goes deep too. Single picture ring is over a half ounce 14k white gold and 2 diamonds. Be confident your machine will find you rings! Good luck!!! Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
Gilligan

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks fellas. I will hopefully get out soon with it again to the beach...I have only been out once. I will be sure and post results.

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
As you probably already know you can mount the control box onto a belt if you haven't already. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

kezhk

Jun 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have one too, as it is one of the few brands readily available for export outside USA.
Found a lot of stuff, very reliable. My cons:
A bit hefty.
Coil can drag and sag in the water.
Sometimes falses if a wave washes in on the wet sand under the coil.

All minor things, far out weighed by the pros.

No doubt some more expensive machines may be better in various ways, but a solid machine for the money.

OP
OP
Gilligan

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great replies. I noticed the falsing in the waves, but I can see that with some practice, which I already have with the Fisher F-75 LTD, you can easily pick out a good signal out of the falsing. Also, I should have turned my sensitivity down a hair and that may have helped. Money was a big consideration too....600 dollars less than a Excal and 300 less than a CZ-21. Plus, I only may get to the beach once a month at this point in my life and be able to detect. Thanks for the replies based on your experience with this detector, I appreciate it. I did mount it on my chest by modifying a handgun vest and center chest mounting it. I just need to modify the thick straps on the case, as they cover the red light and can move the knobs. Bryan

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for starting this thread . I am considering adding one to my arsenal. Real world info on this unit seems a little scarce, at least compared to excals, CZ-21. I also think a 12 inch coil without the need to modify might be beneficial.

Last edited:

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like mine, I use it for wet sand instead of the DF now, and I'm glad it has the smaller 9 in coil.

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Found a photo of the rings found with the beach hunter 300 ID 12" coil. These were found in 8 days of hunting hitting an unlikely to be hunted area except for evenings. Most in the dry sand 1 in waters edge a few in the mid wet sand.

image-819456816.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread