Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Update on the Rings Value/Best week of the Summer for treasure,

Most of the time I post over on the Maryland Forum but Had a really good week last week, 5 days of Treasure hunting...Minelab Excalibur, Remote PP, Skullies, And Coil Change Endcap....Used the 10 inch coil most of the time, but did swap out to the 13ULT and the Sunray 8 once. This Endcap has over 200 plus hours with no issues...Totals for last week are 26 grams of Gold, 21 grams of Platinum..

The One Platinum , Stunning
cc.jpg
Took in the Plat I found last week to Jared Jewelry, cleaned and appraised, took about 20 minutes, then Offer to purchase (for 9200.oo) since the stone was in perfect shape, Amazing he never even weighted the ring, said all the value was in the stone.... Retail is between 23,000, and 27,000...

Maryland

Attachments

• OBN0321.jpg
    OBN0321.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Acquisitor

Jan 6, 2011
Thanks Guys,
And I do agree diamonds that are smaller are worthless. I sent in 92 Gold rings 2 years ago, many rings had very nice stones..nothing bigger the .50 carats, many small...they offered 400.oo for a small handful........

you made a mistake.

here is another tip: when you find a gold ring with diamonds, even small one's, dont melt it. If the ring is decent, I mean not total junk with ugly diamonds half of which are missing, then you polish it and put it on eBay.

I know you dont or barely detect during the winter, so why not purchase a $100 or so polishing machine and polish the decent jewelry you find ? you can get much more on ebay for decent rings.

go to ebay and type 14k gold ring diamonds, then select "used" and see what people sell and for how much.

hell, even normal wedding bands sell for much more than the scrap value, as long as they are polished and look decent. a normal 5 gram 14k wedding band is worth $100 if you melt it, but you can get $250 for it on ebay..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread