M D recommendations

JC Florida

Dec 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I've been detecting for over a year now with a Fisher F4. It does a great job in dry sand and is somewhat effective in damp sand. I am ready to move up to a MD that is built for wet sand / shallow water environments. I've been doing some research but I would like to get the opinions of some folks who hunt these areas. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JC sent pm...

Bobstack

Sep 15, 2013
I've been detecting for over a year now with a Fisher F4. It does a great job in dry sand and is somewhat effective in damp sand. I am ready to move up to a MD that is built for wet sand / shallow water environments. I've been doing some research but I would like to get the opinions of some folks who hunt these areas. Any suggestions?
Garrett. Sea Hunter II great for beach or diving

gulfcoaster

May 11, 2014
Pensacola, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Garrett AT Pro, White's Bullseye TRX, Stealth Classic 8" Sand Scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recommend the Fisher CZ-21. It's a great detector. 4-tones, good discrimination, all metals mode, waterproof to 250-ft, hip or chest mountable, and it goes deeep. Plus, every time somebody picks the detector that I picked, it makes me feel better about my choice. ;)

But seriously, it is an awesome detector...many people say that it's a toss-up between the CZ and the Excal, performance-wise. You can't go wrong with either, I think.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recommend the Fisher CZ-21. It's a great detector. 4-tones, good discrimination, all metals mode, waterproof to 250-ft, hip or chest mountable, and it goes deeep. Plus, every time somebody picks the detector that I picked, it makes me feel better about my choice. ;)

But seriously, it is an awesome detector...many people say that it's a toss-up between the CZ and the Excal, performance-wise. You can't go wrong with either, I think.

68462-2467-fecmv-a.jpg

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Fisher CZ21 and Minelab Excal are what you are looking for. Since you already have a fisher you might be more comfortable staying with them. You cant go wrong with either machine though. I have a CZ21 and its awesome. I have found quarters 12-15 inches down is mushy wet saltly sand. Sometimes I cant believe how far down I am really digging. Plus it comes with a hip mount which is an awesome bonus.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CZ21 or Excal...Fisher customer service is outstanding, I don't have any experience with Minelab customer service but Ive heard bad things.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread