Hot day at the river

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I managed to get to the river Friday even tho I wanted to go somewhere else. I didn't get to leave the house until almost 10 am and was 10:30 getting into the water. Using the 5 X 8 coil on the At/Pro. Found 1 ring, eagle, two buttons and one looked like it was made of copper, 1 marble. Found a 1952 quarter with no mint mark, found a 1964 dime and lost it at the car. I keep my finds bag around my waist and when I'm in chest deep or neck deep water, I put my finds in my shirt pocket. When I got back to the car and was putting the finds in my pouch, I dropped some of the coins and recovered a penny. The dime had the same patina as the quarter and must have blended in with the pavement and somebody will find themselves a silver dime, courtesy of tired old Fongu. Crappie rig, some other style of fishing stuff I'm not familiar with. It's been over cast all day and these photos aren't too clear. Tried to retake them and they came out worse than the ones this morning. I think the ring may be gold plated, it's got china marked on the inside band. Passed the magnet test, but I still think it's junk. Peace symbol, # 18 jewelry item, no markings. All these items passed the magnet test, but have no markings. Try and test them this week and see if they are anything good or just junk. Brought home two quarters, 3 dimes & nickels and 9 pennies. It hit 101 that day and the thing I noticed was the guys with the PI detectors are digging huge holes all over the place and will probably get us all kicked out of this swim park. I'm really looking forward to November when they let the water down for dock maintenance and to kill aquatic weeds. The silver quarter was in the same area I found the standing liberty quarter and mercury dime in 2012 and 2013. I was about neck deep and when they let the water down and I rent a wetsuit, the neck deep water will be about knee deep and the area just past this will be loaded with untouched silver coins and jewelry. Unless the two pi guys get us kicked out or have scuba gear and hit it before the water comes down. GL & HH.
Hot day at the river 001 (Custom).jpg Hot day at the river 003 (Custom).jpg Hot day at the river 004 (Custom).jpg Hot day at the river 005 (Custom).jpg Hot day at the river 006 (Custom).jpg

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread