Whole Lotta Everything, Gold, Silver, Diamonds, Plus.....

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
Coastal Orange County, CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-
Hi All...

It's been over two months since I posted anything. Have a new relationship, been doing a little fishing, and other interests. My finds were stacking up, so I decided to just lay it out fast, take a few photos, and get it out of the way.

I would imagine that overwhelming pile that your looking at was from approximately 10-12 two to three hour hunts at five different beaches over the last two plus months. The finds were found with both my VLF and PI machine in dry sand, damp sand, wet sand, and a few from in the water.

I would normally post on TNet after one quality hunt, so I am not sure how to explain everything that is there without writing a book. There is a 18k Gold ring (the ring with the huge rock in it), 14k Gold rings and chains, many silver rings, including a Tiffany Mens Knot ring, huge rock in a studded silver earring, other silver items, and a lot of costume jewelry as well. Along with the jewelry, there is many foreign coins, I remember getting a 2400 Peso pocket spill, Canadian Silver Dollar, and well over $100,00 in clad.

Anyway, we have some HUGE SURF already starting, and the Wedge in Newport Beach could see 25+ foot waves for the next couple of days. Huntington Beach is expecting 10-15 foot waves. Can anyone say BEACH EROSION on the way!!

You can see the surf build over the next couple days at the Wedge in Newport beach
The Wedge - Surf Report and HD Surf Cam | SURFLINE.COM

Here is a overview of the Huntington Beach Pier area that will have very big waves Wed. & Thurs. The Wedge cam can be overwhelmed at times and not load.
HB Waterfront Overview - Surf Report and HD Surf Cam | SURFLINE.COM

I have several key areas of south facing beaches that generally get major erosion from a Huge South Swell, so I will be out hunting for the next couple of days.

Thanks for Looking - HH

6.JPG -- 5.JPG -- 4.JPG

2.JPG -- 1.JPG -- 3.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Xs 2a pro, Excalibur ll, Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see your getting out, life happens sometimes,
Thanks for touching base. Some great finds there, even a copy penny. Lol be safe with those sizable waves.

powered by pull tabs

wanting rings

Aug 9, 2014
Muskegon
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro(main), White's adjustable sand scoop, Bounty Hunter quick Draw(back up 1), Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Garrett Ace 250(kids), & a tracker IV(Kids)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-
Hi All...

It's been over two months since I posted anything. Have a new relationship, been doing a little fishing, and other interests. My finds were stacking up, so I decided to just lay it out fast, take a few photos, and get it out of the way.

I would imagine that overwhelming pile that your looking at was from approximately 10-12 two to three hour hunts at five different beaches over the last two plus months. The finds were found with both my VLF and PI machine in dry sand, damp sand, wet sand, and a few from in the water.

I would normally post on TNet after one quality hunt, so I am not sure how to explain everything that is there without writing a book. There is a 18k Gold ring (the ring with the huge rock in it), 14k Gold rings and chains, many silver rings and things including a huge rock in a studded silver earring, and a lot of costume jewelry as well. Along with the jewelry, there is many foreign coins, I remember getting a 2400 Peso pocket spill, Canadian Silver Dollar, and well over $100,00 in clad.

Anyway, we have some HUGE SURF already starting, and the Wedge in Newport Beach could see 25+ foot waves for the next couple of days. Huntington Beach is expecting 10-15 foot waves. Can anyone say BEACH EROSION on the way!!

I have several key areas that generally get major erosion from a Huge South Swell, so I will be out hunting for the next couple of days.

Thanks for Looking - HH

View attachment 1043939 -- View attachment 1043938 -- View attachment 1043937

View attachment 1043935 -- View attachment 1043934 -- View attachment 1043936

That is a nice stack for a short

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing a nice dig and those pictures

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well done, thanks for posting. It reminds me that I don't seem to get out as much as I would like. You have done very well. Enjoy the high surf results. If we saw surf like that here on the east coast, the barrier islands would be washed away. Beach papa

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good golly, that's a lot of bling! nice.

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
When you metion the wedge it sends chills down my spine. That would be awsome to watch those freaks screaming down the line. Soak up the slam balls out bodyboarding there. Oh thats freakin awsome finds you got there. Congrats

sponge using smoke signals.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
SoCalBeachScanner

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-
UPDATE: Saturday Morning 8/27/14

Went to three beaches today starting at 3:30AM looking for beach erosion. So far the high swell seemed to only smooth out the sand high up on the beach with no major cuts.

The photos below are from Seal Beach as the sun was rising. The homes on the beach received some flooding during last night's high tide. They had heavy equipment building a temporary berm before the next high tide. The media vans were everywhere. There must have been eight different news outlets out there.

1.jpg -- 2.jpg -- 3.jpg

4.jpg -- 5.jpg -- 6.jpg

Panorama Shot from the Pier

2014-08-27_06-27-47.jpg

Last edited:

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huge collection of great finds!!! Congrats. You just need to figure out your priorities. "New relationship" vs posting on TNet.

OP
OP
SoCalBeachScanner

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a nice stack for a short

Thanks for sharing a nice dig and those pictures

Well done, thanks for posting. It reminds me that I don't seem to get out as much as I would like. You have done very well. Enjoy the high surf results. If we saw surf like that here on the east coast, the barrier islands would be washed away. Beach papa

Good golly, that's a lot of bling! nice.

When you metion the wedge it sends chills down my spine. That would be awsome to watch those freaks screaming down the line. Soak up the slam balls out bodyboarding there. Oh thats freakin awsome finds you got there. Congrats

sponge using smoke signals.

Huge collection of great finds!!! Congrats. You just need to figure out your priorities. "New relationship" vs posting on TNet.

Thanks Guys,

This month is my one year anniversary since I first picked up a Metal Detector.

I have started 78 Threads to date. My goal was for starting 100 Threads by this month, and I most likely would have if I wasn't so distracted these last few months with other stuff.

Thanks Again!!
Bill

Last edited:

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
That is impressive detecting, SoCal!

I needed my sunglasses to view these pix!

HH
Lorraine

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Wow that is what I call some great finds. Congrats

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm tired just looking at all this digging. You had to hurt? but, I'll bet it was a good hurt!

kezhk

Jun 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
Wow, that's an impressive haul!
Wish I had half your luck/skills

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread