Building a program for the CTX 3030

jbc465

Sep 7, 2013
I have seen you tube videos about gold being different values. Gold seems to be on the 12.01 thru 12.48 or so. Well we are all out searching for that GOLD Ring or Chain. So should we make a program that would discriminate signals at 10 or 11 up and signals that would be 13 or 14 on down. This way the siginal would be Gold, pull tab, twist top or other US coins. This may narrow up the chances for a good signal. As to the beach setting that comes pre programed on the CTX. Is this correct or am I missing something? I am sure someone has done this. Tell me what you think. And don't hold back. Thanks

Upvote 0

MBbeachrat

Apr 1, 2011
Melbourne Beach and Bethany Beach-- Snow Bird
Detector(s) used
CZ 21, Whites DF PI, Excalibur II, CTX 3030
I would place all your gold finds outside on a blanket. Go over each one at 9". Look where they hit. Take the area of the highest hits as the live targets and go swinging. Makes sure your using a 17" coil. Good luck

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm guessing from using the Excalibur and several years with the SE Pro, deeper gold rings in saltwater sand do not read or sound like they do on the surface. Chains also are another monster of there own in the saltwater environment, now the drysand you may get more accurate readings. I was out using my CTX a month ago and got a 05/27..on a silver quarter...in the saltwater, luckily I dug it...

Yet to get a gold with the CTX, but have used it very little ...

MBbeachrat

Apr 1, 2011
Melbourne Beach and Bethany Beach-- Snow Bird
Detector(s) used
CZ 21, Whites DF PI, Excalibur II, CTX 3030
I'm guessing from using the Excalibur and several years with the SE Pro, deeper gold rings in saltwater sand do not read or sound like they do on the surface. Chains also are another monster of there own in the saltwater environment, now the drysand you may get more accurate readings. I was out using my CTX a month ago and got a 05/27..on a silver quarter...in the saltwater, luckily I dug it...

Yet to get a gold with the CTX, but have used it very little ...

I have been getting the same readings in the saltwater as air. Of course the deeper it goes the less accurate. Some good targets will be missed but the question is if your not spending time digging bad targets will you get more just digging the best? I think sometimes it could make sense. Of course you know I would never submerge the the CTX screen in water. Really surprised you haven't used it more. Not to many CTX users using anything else once they get to know it. My 17" coil is also a micro jewelry killer. I am so happy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread