Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I thought I was having an awesome storm erosion week until I ran into a guy who hunted the area yeasterday that I hunted today. He pulled 20 gold items, a total of 80 grams and at least that many silver items too the day before. Had it all in a ziplock bag so I saw with my own eyes. I knew I should have went there!!!! Instead I went to my favorite place where I had found the Cartier already and pulled one 4g 14k. Today was 2 14k @ 14g and 3/4 of a 10k @ 1.3g. Also scored a Franklin Half (badly encrusted and soaking) 6 wheat cents and TBD silver dimes and Quarters. They are all heavily crusted right now. The silver you see was black and it took 10 baking soda and salt soaks to get them to this point. This stuff has been there awhile. All in all, a GREAT week. These are the weeks we all hope for. Back at it tomorrow for day 5 in a row. Good luck! Sal

Attachments

• image-4261915860.jpg
    image-4261915860.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 123
  • image-3219875958.jpg
    image-3219875958.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 128
Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
You guys got some sick surf. Theres a video floating around of Laird Hamilton shooting the pier on a paddleboard. That some crazy ass huntin. A freakin treasure zip lock chest. Go figure.

sponge using smoke signals.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice gold and silver variety plus there , nice scoops !!!

OP
OP
redcobra8u

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You guys got some sick surf. Theres a video floating around of Laird Hamilton shooting the pier on a paddleboard. That some crazy ass huntin. A freakin treasure zip lock chest. Go figure. sponge using smoke signals.
It was really rough yesterday. I was working the surf at 4:30am with 12-15ft waves crashing in. Couldn't safely get down as far as I wanted as some freak waves would wash 50ft over the high tide line. Really nuts. I lost my beach scoop Wednesday too which sucked lol.....but I learned a lesson about getting caught against the bank. Could have been worse.

wildcarrot

Oct 5, 2013
SoCal
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
old used white's surfmaster PI, Dual Field, DFX, Minelab GM 1000 and Nox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sal....very nice finds. You ran into my buddy Jack today. He added even more to that ziplock this morning. He's had an unbelievable two days!!!
Good Luck Out There
Rich

OP
OP
redcobra8u

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sal....very nice finds. You ran into my buddy Jack today. He added even more to that ziplock this morning. He's had an unbelievable two days!!! Good Luck Out There Rich
Indeed he did. Kicking myself for not going there. Lol. Good for him. He's a nice guy.

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Amazing what a few waves will do......go out there and get more but geez, be careful, all the gold under the sand isn't worth your life!

Cliff

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Redcobra8u, that is impressive detecting!:notworthy:

Great gold and silver finds!

Congrats again

Lorraine

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
It was really rough yesterday. I was working the surf at 4:30am with 12-15ft waves crashing in. Couldn't safely get down as far as I wanted as some freak waves would wash 50ft over the high tide line. Really nuts. I lost my beach scoop Wednesday too which sucked lol.....but I learned a lesson about getting caught against the bank. Could have been worse.

Our hobby has its hidden dangers. Thats why its such a sick addiction. Glad you can hunt another day. Keep us posted over here on the east.

sponge using smoke signals.

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indeed he did. Kicking myself for not going there. Lol. Good for him. He's a nice guy.

Better to be thankful for what you found, rather than remorseful for what you did not find and is gone!
You are truly fortunate, the sea is not known for forgiveness.

Maybe your or Wildcarrot should give a heads up to your buddy Jack.
He may be a nice guy, may be too trusting.
I sure would not run around with a ziplock back full of goodies from each day of detecting.
Especially, as that information has not only posted on the internet but confirmed.
As lurkers and opportunists follow forums, your friend as well as detectorists in your area could be
potential targets. " Loose lips sink Ships".

You are indeed fortunate, as the sea is not known for it's forgiveness.
" There are Old Pilots, and there are Bold Pilots, but there are No Old Bold Pilots"

Last edited:
OP
OP
redcobra8u

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Better to be thankful for what you found, rather than remorseful for what you did not find and is gone! You are truly fortunate, the sea is not known for forgiveness. Maybe your or Wildcarrot should give a heads up to your buddy Jack. He may be a nice guy, may be too trusting. I sure would not run around with a ziplock back full of goodies from each day of detecting. Especially, as that information has not only posted on the internet but confirmed. As lurkers and opportunists follow forums, your friend as well as detectorists in your area could be potential targets. " Loose lips sink Ships". You are indeed fortunate, as the sea is not known for it's forgiveness. " There are Old Pilots, and there are Bold Pilots, but there are No Old Bold Pilots"
. Appreciate the advice.....someone would be making a huge mistake...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread