Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Kellyco...The have two of the best xcal techs...

rons1947

Jul 12, 2007
Palm Bay,Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,Minelab Excalibur 2,Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Almost 2 years ago,I sent off my Excalibur 2, to Minelab for repair.They didn't find the real problem,but fixed a problem that didn't exist.When I told them that the detector was still giving me false signals ,they suggested that I turn my sensitivity down.Luckily,within 6 months , I sent it to the tech's at Kellyco.They acknowledged that the Minelab techs had not identified the real problem (a defective coil),and repaired the detector at no additional cost.From now on,I will send it to Kellyco for repairs.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Call Kellyco, ask to speak to Dave or Barry in their Minelab repair center....

If it is out of warranty might be good time to consider one of the excal mods, either better headphones or reverse descrimination mod....

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vikingblood

Vikingblood

Sep 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The address Minelab gave me is the same address Kellyco gave me. What gives?

romanf

May 10, 2014
Clarksville, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705
Excalibur II 1000
Excalibur II 800
Garrett Recon AML-1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What address was it? Florida or Illinois?

OP
OP
Vikingblood

Vikingblood

Sep 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Florida. The only difference is Minelab added East ASC to the address.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Florida. The only difference is Minelab added East ASC to the address.
Go off the address Kellyco gave you. Just put attention "Barry, Minelab Repair Department" on out side of box and include your name address and phone number on paper inside of box..

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just send it to me I'll figure something out.:laughing7:

FLATENPA

Jun 24, 2014
Western Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, AT Pro, CTX 3030, Sovereign Elite, Go Find 60
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kellyco Rocks!!! Dave and Barry are awesome, The only coil choice is the 10 inch stock, they where not able to get the tornado a few weeks ago Minelab had none...:icon_scratch: I got the Pin point mod / New Coil / New Pod/ and the Grey Ghost mod....I opted for the type with out the knob on the outside, IMHO its just another connection to mess ya up later down the road. There is a really cool mod on youtube about removing the coils from the grey ghost to really increase the volume it looks very straight forward but hey I am not that techy inclined. The best part was the turn around was only a few days....I must have timed it just right, of course being able to drive there in person didn't hurt either...:3barsgold::icon_thumright:

SurgTech57

Mar 15, 2014
South Bend
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 800, and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Hey FLATENPA,
I plan to do pretty much the same modifications on my Excalibur II when it goes out of warranty here shortly. I met a fellow detector on Lake Michigan and he allowed me to try his Excal with the Gray Ghost Amphibian UW and the difference was amazing. Were those the ones you had put on your Excal? Also if you don't mind me asking what was the total cost on all the mods?
Sincerely,
SurgTech57

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey FLATENPA,
I plan to do pretty much the same modifications on my Excalibur II when it goes out of warranty here shortly. I met a fellow detector on Lake Michigan and he allowed me to try his Excal with the Gray Ghost Amphibian UW and the difference was amazing. Were those the ones you had put on your Excal? Also if you don't mind me asking what was the total cost on all the mods?
Sincerely,
SurgTech57
The cost of the remote pinpoint is $125, I am not sure of the G.G. Amphibian headset, depends on if you supply it or buy it from Kellyco....They charge 1 hour labor to install the headphones which is either $70 or $75.....I think Kellyco is selling them for $159.00

They are great headphones, I have one on each of my Excals along with the remote pp mod which I love.....

After the mod is completed it has to set over night to allow the resin on end caps to set up before it can be shipped back...

Last edited:

FLATENPA

Jun 24, 2014
Western Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, AT Pro, CTX 3030, Sovereign Elite, Go Find 60
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That looks about right on the cost. I had two machines being worked on so I really don't recall which one cost what and I also added an Anderson knob guard . But they really know what they are doing and rest asure it will be right.

Thead

Jul 16, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
TDI Pro, Surf PI Pro, BeachHunter ID, Sovereign GT and Excalibur 1000 (my favorite)
Primary Interest:
Are you guys saying that Kellyco does mod work for the Excalibur (like the remote pinpoint)?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you guys saying that Kellyco does mod work for the Excalibur (like the remote pinpoint)?
Yes they do mods in the repair center but wait till it is out of warranty as mods will void any warranty you have with Minelab....

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive done business with both..... CS without a doubt goes to Kellyco. Turn around time.... goes to Kellyco. Dave uses the Xcal and knows it as well as anyone.... hes not just a teck head/parts replacer. BUT.... im not sure Kelleyco has a way to pressure test the pods so if you are a diver..... go to ML.

Dew

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread