St. Augustine Beach at the St Johns County Ocean Pier - Dont Waste Your Time

Thead

Jul 16, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
TDI Pro, Surf PI Pro, BeachHunter ID, Sovereign GT and Excalibur 1000 (my favorite)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
St. Augustine Beach at the St Johns County Ocean Pier - Don't Waste Your Time

With much anticipation, I rose at 0430 this morning to head over to St. Augustine to search the beach near the St Johns County Ocean Pier. I had high hopes after much fun and success over the previous few weeks at the beaches on Anna Maria Island (Holmes Beach, Coquina Beach and Bradenton Beach) and on the beach near Pensacola Gulf Pier. Those hopes were crushed as four hours of searching produced almost nothing. My worst results ever.

So, if you are thinking about searching near St. Augustine Beach at the Pier, don't waste your time right now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Other than not finding anything of value, what was different?

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
everything is bad in St. Augustine beach areas because of the dredging project and everyone and their mom goes to that pier.

Wait until a big tropical storm hits and you can find relics.

OP
OP
T

Thead

Jul 16, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
TDI Pro, Surf PI Pro, BeachHunter ID, Sovereign GT and Excalibur 1000 (my favorite)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I thought the refurbishment of the St. Augustine beach was completed back in 2012. Has there been another effort since then? You are correct about the number of people detecting there. I saw eight other detectors swinging while I was there although I was the only one in the water (which was rough).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread