I Just Dont Understand it.

Florida Sand Digger

Jun 16, 2009
Boca Raton, Florida
Detector(s) used
DFX w/Bigfoot coil, BHID, SMPI
I Just Don't Understand it.

Went out hunting this morning at one of my favorite beaches. Low tide was at 7am, swells were at 1 to 2 feet, water was warm, sky was clear, no people around, perfect set up to do some water and wet sand hunting. As I was going along working the surf line shortly after sunrise, I look up and I see another hunter working the dry sand. whenever I see another hunter and I don't know them I always watch them for a short time to see their hunting technique and to see what machine they are using. So I see this guy under perfect water hunting conditions hunting the dry sand using an Excalibur II. Why in the world would spend $1700 on a machine taunted as the worlds greatest water detector and use it to hunt dry sand during low tide. Based on the way he was dressed, he had no intentions of getting wet either. And, to make things worse, as the day wore on I saw 2 other hunters doing the same thing. I just don't understand it.

HH :skullflag:
Digger

Upvote 0

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe they all knew about a lead in the dry (6 carat diamond or something) and couldn't figure out why you were in the wet!

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
If you saw 3 other people metal detecting the same beach, its time to find another beach.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Must be small beach! You could put a dozen hunters on Daytona or New Smyrna Beach and still not scratch the surface..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread