Mr.Excavator

Jun 24, 2013
NorthEast, Florida coast
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 (4)Excal 1000, (2)Garrett Sea Hunter mark II,
(2) E-trac's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had the weekend off so I decided to go to Daytona for the weekend. Rented a hotel Fri, Sat and Sun, Anyways spent 4 hrs on sat by the pier and found 1 junk ring and clad. Sat afternoon went out at 3pm followed the low tide out and found 3 more rings two were gold (NICE). I also found some earings and a neat little MP3 player along with clad.

Decided to head home this morning after breakfast since the high tide was at 12-1pm. I went out to the local hunting grounds and 2 more rings one junk and another gold ! I thought it could not get any better than that , well guess what a 14k Braclet9.9g.

All in all 1) [email protected] 2) [email protected] and a 10k 3.9g and about $10 or so in clad

In Daytona I used my Excal w/12x15 SEF and here at home I decided to switch things up a bit and used my E-trac with a 15x18 SEF. Still getting use to the E-trac. I had about 15 HRS hunt time total over the weekend.

Attachments

• mm.JPG
    mm.JPG
    285.5 KB · Views: 142
  • nn.jpg
    nn.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 184
  • find.jpg
    find.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 165
  • bbbb.jpg
    bbbb.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Upvote 0

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lots of goodies there those large coils must be a great help !! Biggest coil I have here is the 15 inch WOT .

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd check that bracelet very carefully. My mother has around 6 necklaces of the same design that are fake. They move against my neodymium magnet, and do not test for gold. I hope it's real though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd check that bracelet very carefully. My mother has around 6 necklaces of the same design that are fake. They move against my neodymium magnet, and do not test for gold. I hope it's real though.

Yep, everyone Ive seen in that style with that type clasp, marked 14k Italy were fake.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great holiday weekend...you killed it....congrats on the gold.

bootybandit

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2014
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21,
Tecnetics Omega 8000,
T-Rex 9.5"
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet finds!! Congrats!!

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
WOW!!!! That is impressive detecting:notworthy:

I haven't found much this Holiday weekend; hope to get lucky later this week

Lorraine

OP
OP
Mr.Excavator

Mr.Excavator

Jun 24, 2013
NorthEast, Florida coast
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 (4)Excal 1000, (2)Garrett Sea Hunter mark II,
(2) E-trac's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Checked the bracelet and it FAILED the 14k acid test, but withstood 10k acid ?? Not sure what that means.
After scratching with a stone, I put acid directly on it 10 OK but 14 starts bubbling and dissolving it. The 3 rings test Ok, one at10k and the other at14k the other has NO marking but withstands 22k acid that is the highest I have.

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took one of those same design necklaces to two different buyers.. Failed. No good. Junk. She bought them in Atlantic city off some dude on the boardwalk. Not too bright... He wanted $1000 for them and she "talked" him down to $300.... Lol...

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had the weekend off so I decided to go to Daytona for the weekend. Rented a hotel Fri, Sat and Sun, Anyways spent 4 hrs on sat by the pier and found 1 junk ring and clad. Sat afternoon went out at 3pm followed the low tide out and found 3 more rings two were gold (NICE). I also found some earings and a neat little MP3 player along with clad.

Decided to head home this morning after breakfast since the high tide was at 12-1pm. I went out to the local hunting grounds and 2 more rings one junk and another gold ! I thought it could not get any better than that , well guess what a 14k Braclet9.9g.

All in all 1) [email protected] 2) [email protected] and a 10k 3.9g and about $10 or so in clad

In Daytona I used my Excal w/12x15 SEF and here at home I decided to switch things up a bit and used my E-trac with a 15x18 SEF. Still getting use to the E-trac. I had about 15 HRS hunt time total over the weekend.
What is a 28 K??

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great catch. Are the stones real?

Rockyredbaron

HH to all

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for sharing your hunt and those pictures

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and excellent weekend. Hoping to get out this week, but don't know if I can. Planned to go Saturday and today, but Mama is sick. Maybe tomorrow. GL & HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions