Waterproof Holster

Thead

Jul 16, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
TDI Pro, Surf PI Pro, BeachHunter ID, Sovereign GT and Excalibur 1000 (my favorite)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holster for what ??

mnruxpin

May 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
think he means carry a gun

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are talking about a gun, they do make a water proof gun, it called a bang stick. work for me. been carrying one for years.

molossus

Greenie
Oct 4, 2009
nowhere and everywhere in southwest US
Detector(s) used
na
Primary Interest:
Other
I have come to prefer a nylon type holster, (AMS or Uncle Mikes) After several waist deep trips across rivers or through pools in canyons. I came to the easiest solution of simply heavily saturating the interior and exterior of the holster with Silicon spray. Repels water well. Keeps gun protected. It wont let you avoid breaking the gun down to clean after being submerged though. Just part of the joy of carrying.

PS. a waterproof holster to protect the gun would mean a gun which was not immediately accessible upon need. Anything which seals the gun up water tight would have to be undone in order to draw the weapon. seconds you may not have depending on the situation.

-N-

OP
OP
T

Thead

Jul 16, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
TDI Pro, Surf PI Pro, BeachHunter ID, Sovereign GT and Excalibur 1000 (my favorite)
Primary Interest:
In response to Ron Lord, I am talking about a holster for a pistol. I like to carry a pistol when I am detecting in the early hours of the morning (2 AM thru sunrise) and that prevents me from being able to get into the water any deeper than my knees, especially when there are any significant waves.

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
That's why I choose this protection vs weapons. I can take it everywhere I go and can even get it wet! Although I do agree that it's better to have a gun and not need it, then to need a gun and not have it!

image-2392409893.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Attachments

• image-4179982273.jpg
    image-4179982273.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 80

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just buy a cheep pistol, and keep in a bucket of kerosene when it's not needed.

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey I grew up in a kenpo family too, knees couldnt take it from football injurys so I had to quit all, but my brother was nationally ranked black belt, happy to say ive never had to use it on the street tho
Thumbs up! Tried shotokan Many years ago but found it too authentic for modern day situations. Kenpo is definitely a great style for this day and age. I too have been injured and it does put a halt on further training but lower body injuries may rule out some hip throws, grappling Kicks ect, but as you know a nice blade strike to the corroded artery can be placed much faster then one can pull a side arm. At that point...the situation has already expired. Game over. As they say" the hand is faster then the eye!"
The best way to avoid a threatening situation, is to avoid being in a place where a threatening situation is more likely to occur.
The gold can wait until daylight if ones safety could be compromised.
Be safe and happy hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions