Tiger Shark Scores

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Took the Tiger to a freshwater swimming hole today. Found that somebody had been there before me. This was an area that gets over 100 party going pontoon riding animals at a time on a nice summer day. Targets were far and few between and there were signs of someone else's scoop holes. Somebody before me did a fairly good job of cleaning the area up. This area should have been littered with bottle caps and was not. Found very little clad, but went deeper and found these three beauties. The left ring is a 14K gold. Middle is a Triton Titanium. Right ring is also a Titanium with no other marks. I just ordered an accurate pocket scale, but from my postal scale the gold ring appears to be in the 9-10 gram range. Yea baby, gotta love that Tiger Shark. Found all three rings with a half hour, but spent 3 hours on this spot.

Best part about it is I met some guys at the boat landing that told me some more old swimming hot spots. Like usual, when they ask what I found I just tell them clad and bottle caps. I am always leery of showing the goods to strangers, especially in an isolated area.

P1090327.jpg

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the Gold! :headbang:

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done finding these targets after someone else had been detecting this spot. Sad they don't fill in their holes, tho. I have a situation with two guys hitting this swim park I like to use and leaving big holes and I'm getting blamed for it. Hope they don't get us kicked out of the park. I've only talked to one of them before and he wasn't detecting. He and his buddy have PI detectors and dig huge holes. 3-4 other people detect this area when they let the water down every two years for dock maintenance and weed control, but we'll all lose out if people don't take time to just cover their holes. I scoop and drain the sand to the left or right of the hole depending on which arm I'm using with the detector and scoop and then just take my foot and fill the hole back in. Doesn't take any time and ensures we don't get kicked out of the park.

OP
OP
rainyday101

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Actually this guy didn't do that bad of a job filling the holes. What I noticed was the scoop sized shallow depression about an 1" deep. It's almost impossible to get them completely flat, so they weren't that bad. Somebody did leave a couple of craters out deeper though. They were deep enough I dam near filled my waders.

Thanks Terry! Maybe a Sand Shark in my future?

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That gold ring is a nice "biggie"!

Congrats on all the ring finds:hello2:

Lorraine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread