rons1947

Jul 12, 2007
Palm Bay,Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,Minelab Excalibur 2,Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have hunted South Beach a few times and had no problems.I don't know if there are any laws about hunting Miami Beach,but I have not seen any signs concerning detecting at South Beach.I usually find a few dollars in clad there. I wish that I had more time to hunt there,when I'm in Miami,as there a lot of people enjoying the beach and water.Good luck.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can hunt in the water on both beaches no problem, on Key Biscayne the parking is the problem, be sure you don't park in a hotels parking lot unless staying there or you will be towed..

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
South Beach Area = Free Parking on Ocean Blvd till 9am...

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
You can hunt in the water on both beaches no problem, on Key Biscayne the parking is the problem, be sure you don't park in a hotels parking lot unless staying there or you will be towed..

TH is right. also toll to get on Key Biscayne is $1.75 and parking on Hobie beach is free but beyond that like Crandon Park some days its free others about $5. I always ask the rangers at the booth if its OK to metal detect and they haven't said no but I always ask anyway. They always say stay way from any foliage like sea oats and grass and lately on ranger added if you dig a hole please fill it back up.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TH is right. also toll to get on Key Biscayne is $1.75 and parking on Hobie beach is free but beyond that like Crandon Park some days its free others about $5. I always ask the rangers at the booth if its OK to metal detect and they haven't said no but I always ask anyway. They always say stay way from any foliage like sea oats and grass and lately on ranger added if you dig a hole please fill it back up.
I HAD A COUPLE OF FRIENDS WALK ON THE BEACH AT THE kEY B. STATE PARK AND TOLD THEY COULDNOT HUNT - THEY WERE HEADING TO THE WATER AND GOT TOLD NO WAY - GUESS THERE WAS A NEW HEAD RANGER IN TOWN AND HE DID NOT WANT TO ALLOW IT - MAYBE THINGS ARE DIFFERENT AGAIN NOW
IVE GOTTEN SOME NICE GOLD THERE MYSELF A FEW YRS BACK - OTHER THAN THAT - ITS OPEN SEASON YEAR ROUND - MIAMI AREA BEACH BEEN VERY VERY GOOD TO ME
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/members/29748-albums1617.html

OP
OP
s.c.shooter

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info. Went there today. Lots of clad, a bracelet and one gold earing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread