Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Penzfan: What I am trying to work up to , by thinking outside the box, is to advocate the use of a more powerful requirements driven approach for selecting metal detecting equipment, such as: how that equipment will be used, conditions that it will be used under, how it interfaces with you, etc in preference to the current simplistic approach of comparing Item A better then B, which in my opinion adds little value to the person reading the thread and results in needless bickering amongst detectorists.

What I do not want to do is open Pandora’s Box. If you feel this way, you should open up your own thread under one of the amendments. To be honest, the answer to such political questions is beyond my paygrade and lies within a different box than the one I am trying to widen. However, before closing Pandora’s Box, I would like to add that the press should identify this terrorist group by its name “ The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria”, or “The Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant” – Levant denotes Syria and Lebanon in Arabic, according to CNN. Since the use of either English acronym ISIS or ISIL negatively impacts/ and needlessly hurts those whose first name, is Isis/Isil, a name which they have used for decades and are proud of.

Thank you for your reply.
Your starting to scare me. :laughing7:

R.Danneskjold

Jun 23, 2013
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
without going through all the posts.....enough is enough when that threshold is met by whatever measurement the individual uses. It is most certainly never answered wrong unless a person lies to themselves and is very subjective and relative. I think.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it is too open of a question for me :)

enough is when I say enough on any certain subject, hobby, purchases etc. I WANT OR NEED in life.

your mileage may vary!!!

I want it all. every stinking great thing this world has to offer. may take me a bit, but I am slowly working toward that goal :) :)
then I want every stinking great thing for my family also! then I hope in general all the population of this world does get what they want and find it is enough, or strive to achieve more.

go for it. life is short. enough is never enough in my book LOL

Now if we are talking metal detectors and accessories---a beginner starts with whatever they can afford (or think is 'good')
if the hobby is addictive....then I say grade up BIG time. no baby jump. go for a one that can 'do it all' on how ya might think you will proceed. water detecting and good land detecting. get the combo cause once the addictive is bitten, you might as well go whole hog. I love my AT PRO but I got ONE MORE monster in mind for the future :) so in my life 3 will probably be enough. but that doesn't mean I won't take many trips to the beach, fly to the islands, do whatever it takes to use those machines!!!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions