NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Barely had much time to unpack from Jamaica trip
My parents rented a cottage on the Cape for the week - my father was supposed to go on fishing trip with Whydah
but due to conditions - it was canceled - they gave me a call and said they were just hanging out and if I wanted
to come down for a few nights - there was plenty of room - so I went down
Right after Labor Day- beachs for the most part close down - the gates are left open - you don't have to pay to park
locals usually hammer every beach in sight - I know guys that take their vacations that week just to hunt nonstop
and the retirees are out there every day anyways - I brought my new hooka system out to test and planned on taking advantage
of the full moon negative tides with my mask & snorkel. I ended up hitting 4 beaches - here are the results
4 old gold rings - 1964 class ring - 1957 class ring - 1952 class ring - antique gold ring with red stone
2 silver rings - 5 silver religious medals
1 silver half - 14 silver quarters (3 stand.lib., 1 Barber) - 10 silver dimes (5 mercs, 5 sil.Roos.)
and 6 Buffalo nickles
all water finds
Beach 1
sepcap1.JPG
sepcap2.JPG
sepcap3.JPG
Beach 2 - sil.relig.medal - 2 sil. Wash.quart.
sepcap4.JPG
sepcap5.JPG
Beach 3 - hooka test site - out up to around 10 feet down at low tide (thin ring is silver)
sepcap6.JPG
Beach 4 - Found an area way out at negative low tide - hit it at AM low and then PM low (will definitely be going back here)
All these spots get hammered - but as far as I know - Im the only one getting out there with mask & snorkel
From chest on in here - its a ghost town - all the recent drops are gone - but out in no mans land - seemed practically virgin
sepcap7.JPG
sepcap10.JPG
sepcap8.JPG
sepcap9.JPG
IT WAS FUN!!!

Upvote 0

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are the Ring Magnet !

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Amazing!!! :wav:

Lorraine

BOXING63

Jan 7, 2007
PIRATE ,CT
Detector(s) used
Excalibur ll, Sovereign GT / New England Detectors USA
Primary Interest:
WTG WOW congrats Casper you the man very nice hunt....

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
You crush it. Like hearing about the strategic way you hunt. Freakin awsome hunt

sponge using smoke signals.

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Xs 2a pro, Excalibur ll, Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You crush it. Like hearing about the strategic way you hunt. Freakin awsome hunt sponge using smoke signals.
You to can crush it like Casper for only 3 easy payments..... I would personally have a hard time solo in the pm in the water, little fish nibbling on me gives me the willies lol, but I'm glad I can bear witness to some who is.

powered by pull tabs

I C THE LITE

Mar 11, 2013
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
minelabs- se pro and excaliber, ace250, tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casper, you are the man. Nice finds as usual. How did you like your hook? Any pictures of it.

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you clean it out or scratch the surface ?
IN ONE OF THE PICS - YOU WILL SEE WHAT ARE OLD SHIP NAILS - I THINK 1 OR 2 BOATS SANK HERE
AND ONE BURNT AND SANK - I FIND MOLTEN PIECES OF LEAD AND OTHER METALS - OUT IN THE HOT SPOT
THERE ARE SOME HUGE IRON PIECES - UP TO ENGINE SIZE AND THERE IS A LOT OF SLAG - WONDER IF IT WAS BALAST
WHERE I GOT ALOT OF THE SILVER COINS WAS AN AREA LIKE 20 YRDS BY 20 - I BELIEVE THERE MIGHT HAVE BEEN A SWIM PLATFORM
OUT THERE MAYBE - I THINK THERE IS MORE OUT THERE - AND I WILL RETURN TO THAT SPOT NEXT TRIP OUT THAT WAY IF TIDES AND WEATHER ALLOW IT - IT WOULD BE A TOUGH SPOT TO HIT WITH THE HOOKAH (WHICH SINCE i NOW HAVE PEOPLE ARE RECOMMENDING I USE IT THERE)
CAUSE ALOT OF THE STUFF IS DOWN DEEP - i HAD TO GO STRAIGHT DOWN A FEW TIMES WITH LARGE SCOOP TO PULL SOME OF THE FAINT SILVER UP - VERY SOFT SAND IN MOST SPOTS -- WITH HOOKAH iD BE THERE AWHILE TRYING TO RETRIEVE EACH TARGET
AT ABSOLUTE LOW TIDE - IM ABOUT CHIN DEEP AND IM LIMITED TO TIME IN THE HONEY HOLE WITH MY MASK AND SNORKEL
BUT I'LL KEEP AT IT WHEN I GET THE CHANCE

Last edited:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Real nice work and amazing results...like what you said it being virgin area, past where all could detect...:thumbsup:

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Wholly Crap Casper!!! You had a great hunt!! Hope I can say Crap in this forum

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wholly Crap Casper!!! You had a great hunt!! Hope I can say Crap in this forum
you can only say it once - you said it twice - think youre in trouble :tongue3:

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm beginning to think that you are one tenacious water hunter, Casper. Some day I hope to be as successful as you. Well done!

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm beginning to think that you are one tenacious water hunter, Casper. Some day I hope to be as successful as you. Well done!

My problem is getting to the water - I have many fresh water spots - but have many fresh water hunters-
nearest salt water spots are like 2+ hrs away in CT,,R.I.,,and the Cape
I have a few health issues that keep me from getting out too - once I get there - I try to make the most of it though

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
My problem is getting to the water - I have many fresh water spots - but have many fresh water hunters-
nearest salt water spots are like 2+ hrs away in CT,,R.I.,,and the Cape
I have a few health issues that keep me from getting out too - once I get there - I try to make the most of it though

Casper I always feel blessed when I get to the beach in under 5 min. When a hurricane is coming its a different story.

sponge using smoke signals.

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
You bet EVERYONE was on the beach after Labor Day. I did my best to clean all the beaches before they got here, but I only succeeded in cleaning them out for my post Labor Day hunt. I counted 12 detectorists IN the water at one beach and many many dig holes. If my memory is correct, there was only one beach were I did not see another detectorist. I met detectorist from all over New England, New Jersey and California as well as the locals in the water. In 130 hours a group I was with did not find a single gold ring, I heard the group of some 10 odd detectorists had only 3 gold between all of them. You did well with your plan of attack.

I thank you for taking your share of trash out of the water, even though I have had days when a piece of trash would have been a welcome target. If I should find the engine block, I will leave your hot spot area - you deserve the chance to return to it. HH until we get together for another hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions