Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like water hunting. I mostly do summer freshwater when its warm enough not to cause significant shrinkage of my wee nutties, but I would also love to extend my season both Fall and Spring. I'm also a PADI diver, but never had a drysuit. If I get into winter saltwater hunting, should I get a drysuit? What do you hardcore folks do? In my opinion, I could do a wetsuit, but would not be able to stay in the water as long as a nice drysuit with thermals under it.

Any advice or opinions here would really be welcome.

Upvote 0

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My only concern with the drysuit is the cost. Wicked. However, a drysuit would be most-handy to change out of when the day is done. Decisions decisions! :dontknow:

The solution to that is to watch ebay for used survival drysuits. They don't have the valves that scuba drysuits have and if you watch you can pick one up for a couple hundred.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kind of an older post but I have experience with dry suits. First off I don't like the seal around the neck as I always thought it was to tight. But it has to be water tight. Unlike OBN I used to dive under the ice to recover lost snow mobil's that some fool that to try an zoom across the thin ice. A proper fit is extremely important so I suggest new from a dive shop, but eBay works if your educated on sizes between brands. A good dry suit will extend your comfort but when it stops being fun it can be dangerous.

roteiro

Sep 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi man! Look for SB System drysuit on Dipndive. It has a comfort fit and also very warm and durable. I got it last summer and I am very satisfied really.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions