E

erdin

Greenie
Sep 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IF YOUR LOOKIN TO FIND THIN WEIGHTLESS CHAINS LIKE ANKLETS - cant help you
but it will find bracelets and chains

excellent finds casper. In the second picture, your bracelet, mine wont detect that un lessits 2" away or closer, is yours like that?

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that was part of a chain - some other guy I think scooped it in half - got a faint signal in all metal looked down and saw it at the edge of some sea grass sticking out - your gonna have to go for faint or small readings - they are not gonna blow your ears off unless larger

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
these are the ones I worry about not missing

OP
OP
E

erdin

Greenie
Sep 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks casper. Im going to send it off fir the upgrade tomorrow just so im satisfied its definitely working as it should. I love reading your article's and looking at your finds. There very inspiring. :)

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
149k.gif

OP
OP
E

erdin

Greenie
Sep 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok fingers crossed shipped the CZ20 for its transformation, hopefully fisher live up to expectations and i get back a machine that will give many year of service :unhappysmiley:

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good idea to send your machine for a check up. If you don't trust it now, you will have a lousy time in the field where you will really will not trust it.

On my CZ20, I had to have the little rubber pinpoint button replaced twice and on the third time had the CZ21 brass button added. It was easier with the rubber button to turn pinpointing off and on, but I guess I pressed it too hard, too often. So one minor tip, is make sure you are in the right mode after you pinpoint (ie. that you are in all motion when you think you are in all motion).

Usually when I get a strong signal, I don't pin point on the first scoop. If I can get the target right away, I am happy not to toggle back and forth. My policy is to dig all repeatable signals. I either hunt in zero or 1 discrimination, never more. In a heavy junk area, I disregard targets that have multiple tones. I probably miss digging some good targets with this approach, but I compensate by covering more ground.

A quick double low tone beep on a sweep is usually a nail. Canadian clad coins, especially the recent $1 and $2 are made of junk and the detector tells you so. If you want to find them, they will be low tone (iron). The sweet tone is the repeatable mid tone. Pull tabs and 14kt/18kt gold rings. A man's ring almost always gives a strong signal up to about 8 inches. A thin ladies ring is more difficult to hear, especially at depth.

I also have a CZ21 and honestly don't find a difference in the effectiveness between the two machines.

OP
OP
E

erdin

Greenie
Sep 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good idea to send your machine for a check up. If you don't trust it now, you will have a lousy time in the field where you will really will not trust it.

On my CZ20, I had to have the little rubber pinpoint button replaced twice and on the third time had the CZ21 brass button added. It was easier with the rubber button to turn pinpointing off and on, but I guess I pressed it too hard, too often. So one minor tip, is make sure you are in the right mode after you pinpoint (ie. that you are in all motion when you think you are in all motion).

Usually when I get a strong signal, I don't pin point on the first scoop. If I can get the target right away, I am happy not to toggle back and forth. My policy is to dig all repeatable signals. I either hunt in zero or 1 discrimination, never more. In a heavy junk area, I disregard targets that have multiple tones. I probably miss digging some good targets with this approach, but I compensate by covering more ground.

A quick double low tone beep on a sweep is usually a nail. Canadian clad coins, especially the recent $1 and $2 are made of junk and the detector tells you so. If you want to find them, they will be low tone (iron). The sweet tone is the repeatable mid tone. Pull tabs and 14kt/18kt gold rings. A man's ring almost always gives a strong signal up to about 8 inches. A thin ladies ring is more difficult to hear, especially at depth.

I also have a CZ21 and honestly don't find a difference in the effectiveness between the two machines.

Good advance PG, I also hunt with the dis on 1 but i dig every thing to be on the safe side:thumbsup:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good advance PG, I also hunt with the dis on 1 but i dig every thing to be on the safe side:thumbsup:
YOU WILL LOSE DEPTH HUNTING IN 1 ID MODE
YOU WILL MISS ALOT OF DEEP FAINT TARGETS - ESPECIALLY IF YOUR BATTERIES ARE LOW AT ALL
DEEP DEEP SILVER AND DEEP SMALL GOLD WILL REGISTER AS LOW TONE IN ID MODE - ESPECIALLY IF YOUR BATTERIES ARE LOW
BELIEVE ME - IVE RUN IN ALL METAL IN OLD AREAS AND GOTTEN FAINT WHISPERS AND CLICKED TO ZERO AND TARGET HAS DISAPPERED
OR REGISTERED AS LOW TONE - FANNED OFF 3 - 5 INCHES AND RECHECKED AND THEN GET MID OR HIGH SIGNAL
4 OUT OF 5 TIMES - DEEP COINS OR RING - ALOT OF GUYS ARE MISSING STUFF THAT HUNT JUST IN ID MODE

OP
OP
E

erdin

Greenie
Sep 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YOU WILL LOSE DEPTH HUNTING IN 1 ID MODE
YOU WILL MISS ALOT OF DEEP FAINT TARGETS - ESPECIALLY IF YOUR BATTERIES ARE LOW AT ALL
DEEP DEEP SILVER AND DEEP SMALL GOLD WILL REGISTER AS LOW TONE IN ID MODE - ESPECIALLY IF YOUR BATTERIES ARE LOW
BELIEVE ME - IVE RUN IN ALL METAL IN OLD AREAS AND GOTTEN FAINT WHISPERS AND CLICKED TO ZERO AND TARGET HAS DISAPPERED
OR REGISTERED AS LOW TONE - FANNED OFF 3 - 5 INCHES AND RECHECKED AND THEN GET MID OR HIGH SIGNAL
4 OUT OF 5 TIMES - DEEP COINS OR RING - ALOT OF GUYS ARE MISSING STUFF THAT HUNT JUST IN ID MODE

Thanks Casper il give it a go when its back:thumbsup: I did notice this but i thought it was just canceling out iron!!

OP
OP
E

erdin

Greenie
Sep 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well spoke to the technician today, sounded like a good guy:). Coil will be replaced and the complete housing will be updated for the CZ21. The old PCB will be checked, recalibrated and field tested.
I told the technician that I mainly hunt for gold or jewelry and asked if he could set it up to be more hot on these as opposed to the other materials. He explained that he could do this but it would mean that I would be more likely to pick up foil, aluminum and nikal! but I told him I'm fine with that, as I know thats where the gold hides :)

He also explained that it can not be set to hot or I will get allot of false readings.
so to sum up, a good experience so far, just got to wait now, for it to turn up, boy am i excited. for me its like Christmas when ever a package turns up LOL:hello2:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread