May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also when detecting and someone starts a conversation with you avoid the temptation to shut the detector off. Reason being that being a silent running machine you may end up swinging the detector for a little while before you realize its not turned on. LOl. Ask me how I know.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also when detecting and someone starts a conversation with you avoid the temptation to shut the detector off. Reason being that being a silent running machine you may end up swinging the detector for a little while before you realize its not turned on. LOl. Ask me how I know.

??? MINES NOT SILENT - ALWAYS RUN WITH A HUM - THATS HOW I GET THE OLD GOLD AND DEEP SILVER
OH - I RUN IN ALL METAL THOUGH - I WOULD NOT RUN IN ID MODE CONSTANTLY - YOU WILL MISS ALOT OF TARGETS - I THINK THIS IS PROB WITH PEOPLE THAT BUY THEM AND ARE NOT HAPPY
THEY USE IT IN ID MODE ALL THE TIME AND MISS ALOT -
I HIT A BEACH THAT A GUY WAS USING IN ID MODE ONLY - HE TOLD ME I WAS NOT GOING TO GET MUCH CAUSE HE LIVED NEAR BY AND HAMMERED IT - I GOT SOME DEEP SILVER AND A TON OF GREENIES DOWN PAST 1 FOOT ZONE - HE COULD NOT BELIEVE IT WHEN I DUMPED MY POUCH OUT
THAT WAS HARDLY ANY BAD TARGETS - SO NO REASON TO RUN IN DISCRIMINATE

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SENT YOU A PM

OP
OP
E

erdin

Greenie
Sep 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I went down to the beach today on the wet definitely has a advantage in the wet over the other machines. Found two junk rings and a total of 7GBP. couldn't stay long as parking restrictions come into play, so had to leave early. I GB it by putting it into auto, sense up to max, GB up to max whilst holding PP in the air, them lowering the coil down and trimming the gb, till its just settles down, then I would put the dic back to 1 and go from there. I have to say I could only hair 3 tones! 1 which is like a beep (over silver), another which sounds like a hollow beep (over copper and lead) and finally the overload tone! (over Iron) . Got talking with a fishermen and was telling him its water proof and he talked me into buying a wet suit so next time ill try going in with a snorkel LOL

OP
OP
E

erdin

Greenie
Sep 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Iv just been air testing it at home and I think it has a problem! so I have a 18k gold chain that weighs about 3-4 grams and it wont pick it up unless its 2" away with the sense up full!! I sure hope fisher helps me out with this!

bootybandit

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2014
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21,
Tecnetics Omega 8000,
T-Rex 9.5"
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What's the discrimination at?

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is nothing wrong with your detector.
Gold chains are extremely difficult to detect, because the detector senses one each link of the chain seperatelyb9 (it does not see the whole chain), which usually is too tiny to be detected.
Most gold chains are found by the pendant or medalion attached which is larger in size (more surface area). at a time of the chain.
Most likely your chain has a large clasp which the detector is barely able to identify, or if you are detectiing in all metal it is detecting the iron in the locking mechanism of the clasp.

The CZ20 only has three tone(s): One tone for high conductors, one tone for low conductors, and a tone for ferrous materials.
An overload signal, us the result of a target being too large..

Well Iv just been air testing it at home and I think it has a problem! so I have a 18k gold chain that weighs about 3-4 grams and it wont pick it up unless its 2" away with the sense up full!! I sure hope fisher helps me out with this!

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

erdin

Greenie
Sep 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is nothing wrong with your detector.
Gold chains are extremely difficult to detect, because the detector only senses one each link of the chain seperately, which usually is too tiny to be detected.
Most gold chains are found by the pendant or medalion attached which is larger in size (more surface area). at a time of the chain.

The CZ20 only has three tone(s): One tone for high conductors, one tone for low conductors, and a tone for ferrous materials.
You are getting an overload signal, because the target is too large.

nope iv tried it even with the chain rolled into a ball and even other gold rings and still the same thing! I also compared it to my fisher 1265 and that can sense the chain with no problems at 9"

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nope iv tried it even with the chain rolled into a ball and even other gold rings and still the same thing! I also compared it to my fisher 1265 and that can sense the chain with no problems at 9"

You got me there, the only thing I was able to find out about the fisher 1265 is that it has a good reputation as being a deep-seeking detector which sounds off louder and crisper over amall
targets. Also, it may be difficult to get it repaired.

Rolling the chain in a ball, may or may not help.
However, you should definitely be able to detect other gold rings.

Most of my detecting is with a Excalibur ll 1000, which has a multi variable tone for target ID.
Sorry that I was not able to help, I'm out of here as I do not have hands on experience with Fisher CZ detectors, only theoretical.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
never ever trust an air test - these machines were not made for air
I have found gold chains and bracelets with cz20 & 21s in all metal

mrcolin2u

Dec 23, 2004
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II umax
Fisher CZ20
Minelab Excalibur II 10" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love my CZ20. I bought it in the mid 90's slightly used. It paid for itself over and over and over again with all the gold and platinum jewelry I've found.
Last year I got an Excal II (slightly used) It has been good to me too so far. Still keeping the CZ20 it's a terrific water machine.

OP
OP
E

erdin

Greenie
Sep 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
never ever trust an air test - these machines were not made for air
I have found gold chains and bracelets with cz20 & 21s in all metal

Thanks, I appreciate that and believe it but trust me this machine is lacking a bit in sensitivity, I have to literally have to move the chain no more then 2inch away from the coil to get a response. Unless yours is doing the same thing?

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sent you a private message with a little info that I hope helps. Good luck and HH

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, I appreciate that and believe it but trust me this machine is lacking a bit in sensitivity, I have to literally have to move the chain no more then 2inch away from the coil to get a response. Unless yours is doing the same thing?
ITS ABOUT THE SAME FOR ME WITH EVERY MACHINE IVE EVER OWNED - THATS WHY I SAY AIR TESTS CANT BE TRUSTED
BEEN DETECTING SINCE 1975 :dontknow:

OP
OP
E

erdin

Greenie
Sep 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ITS ABOUT THE SAME FOR ME WITH EVERY MACHINE IVE EVER OWNED - THATS WHY I SAY AIR TESTS CANT BE TRUSTED
BEEN DETECTING SINCE 1975 :dontknow:

Hey casper, Have you had a chance to try out a 1265? Give it a go if you haven't. I have one which i am using and it picks up the same chain with no problem:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions