Oct 5, 2013
SoCal
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
old used white's surfmaster PI, Dual Field, DFX, Minelab GM 1000 and Nox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Little Silver + Some Big FOOL'S Gold

Had a great hunt this afternoon in the wet sand. Some small cuts and erosion here and there. One of those days where you don't travel to far and work a small area. I've found a few Claddagh rings but this is my first Claddagh Cross...The silver ring is really old and crusty even after cleaning. It is stamped 925 with a makers mark and size stamped 8...A nice large St. Christopher medal with a surfer on the back. Also found a couple of small Russian coins and the Econo Wash token. The car wash doesn't exist anymore and the token has become a bit of a collectible, according to Google. Last but LEAST is the FOOL'S Gold. My first 14K 28g Italian chain found in high surf last Wednesday. I was soooo stoked, called my wife from the beach, guess what I found! When I got home did the scratch/acid test for 14K just to be sure :sadsmiley: tested for 10K :sadsmiley: drove down the gold buyer jeweler, thought my testing acid had gone bad, have them check it :sadsmiley: so it's a really nice looking stamped 14K Italian fake chain. Anyway I had three hours of euphoria and I will find a real one someday. Good luck out there..

002.JPG 005.JPG 007.JPG 011.JPG 014.JPG 016.JPG 020.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Those are some nice finds!! I like the old car wash token. That's too bad about your chain. I don't understand why they mark it 14k when it's not gold.

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bummer on the chain. I worked a few erosion cuts today and you still did better than I did. Good luck!

bootybandit

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2014
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21,
Tecnetics Omega 8000,
T-Rex 9.5"
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a nice assortment! Congrats! what part of Cali are you!

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Wildcarrot, That's quite an interesting array of finds! :hello2:

Too bad about the bogus14K chain; Next time you'll find the real thing!:thumbsup:

That is a beautiful cross find; and congrats on the silver ring find..I love old silver

I wish you the best in your next hunt.

Lorraine

MTJosh

Jan 23, 2014
AZ & Deer Lodge, MT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett propointer Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rich - glad you are finding some targets. Local beaches seem to be sanded in these days unless you get lucky and that one tide cycle opens up a pocket. I pulled a small silver ring and $4 clad last night. go a $20 coin. Too bad it is Jamaican so only worth $0.18 USD. Can't wait for fall erosion to start.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about the chain - I had one of those this summer too. You just wonder whether people thought they were buying the real deal and got scammed, or whether they knew they were buying a fake.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions