"Whites" metal detector company is the bomb!

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"White's" metal detector company is the bomb!

When I first found out that I was coming here to this Caribbean Island I told my wife that there was a huge potential for finding good stuff in the water and that I really needed a water proof metal detector. When I told her how much it cost she said "okay". She's a real sweet heart.

I ordered a Whites BH ID 300. It served me well and I found a butt load of stuff. About 8 months in the rod became really loose and when I called them to get a replacement they just asked what my address was and sent me a new rod.

A couple years into this water detecting thing I realized that I needed a second machine. I really liked the Garrett's Seahunter MK II and the rest was history. The simplicity and depth of the machine in this environment is awesome.

A few months back I thought that I would break out the BH for diving. I thought that the 12" coil and lights would be perfect for shallow dives. When I got it out I found that the head phone connections to the head harness had come apart. ???

I sent the machine in and asked that they replace the headphones and check the integrity of the machine since it has sat idle for awhile.

I got the phone call last week and they said it cost $166.00 for the repairs. I was good with that and the other day I got it back in the mail.

Not only did they replace the headphones, they replaced the control box and the coil!

White's rocks!!!

Upvote 0

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, one of my mounts on my BHID broke, I would like to do it myself, but for that, I might just send it in...

Thead

Jul 16, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
TDI Pro, Surf PI Pro, BeachHunter ID, Sovereign GT and Excalibur 1000 (my favorite)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
With respect to your BHID, if you are talking about one of the headphone mounts (the sliders) just contact them and they will send you a few free of charge. White's is very impressive with respect to their customer service.

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did e-mail them last week and haven't heard back yet...

Thead

Jul 16, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
TDI Pro, Surf PI Pro, BeachHunter ID, Sovereign GT and Excalibur 1000 (my favorite)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Check your PM for the POC who helped me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread