Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Luck, Faith, &Perseverance brought me "HOPE" at the beach today...silver ring

Hi:hello:,

Too beautiful to stay indoors today, so after cooking up some golumpki ( stuffed cabbage..Hank's favorite), I headed out again.

High tide for most of the 3 hrs. detecting, so it was again dry sand hunting.

First item I found was a 4-leaf clover medallion inscribed with the word "FRIEND"...aluminum , I think.

After 3 hrs. of finding nothing extraordinary, I decided to head back to the car following the shoreline which by this time was level with the ocean floor.

Was swinging the coil as I was walking along ,and just before turning upwards to the slope I heard the nice high sound of silver , and pulled up a ring with "HOPE " engraving.

Here's some pics..

the "Farthing" medallion/key chain was found yesterday in dry sand hunt.

Thanks again for looking at my finds

Lorraine

DSCF3109.JPG

DSCF3111.JPG

DSCF3113.JPG

DSCF3114.JPG

This dish tastes better than it looks :laughing7:

DSCF3108.JPG

Upvote 0

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What time is dinner? Looks awesome.

nscrcr8z

Jun 4, 2011
cullman al
Detector(s) used
v3i/ xl 6000 pro/AT pro, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds again! !
Way to go

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The silver ring is great, but dinner looks absolutely awesome. I have tried a few recipes for stuffed cabbage but just haven't found the right one yet. Yours looks like it would be delicious!

bootybandit

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2014
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21,
Tecnetics Omega 8000,
T-Rex 9.5"
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome finds! Delicious eats!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your hunt and the silver ring. I love cabbage rolls. My wife makes cabbage rolls stuffed with ground beef and rice and covers them with tomato sauce. What are those stuffed with?

OP
OP
lorraine

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Thanks, lookindown,

1/2 ground beef; 1/2 ground pork.

Lorraine

Congrats on your hunt and the silver ring. I love cabbage rolls. My wife makes cabbage rolls stuffed with ground beef and rice and covers them with tomato sauce. What are those stuffed with?

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds on the silver and I hope you continue to find silver and gold, Lorraine. I got out 3 hours yesterday, but it was a bust finds wise, but did my head good. I went by the spot I really wanted to hunt and the water is down for the first time in two years, but I went to the river anyway. This is an isolated spot and I wasn't feeling the best in the world and wanted to be where some people were in case I needed some help. I found 6 cents in the water and one penny on the parking lot. The joy of getting out and doing some dirt fishing was beyond any price. Hope to hit my isolated spot Friday, but I sure need a wetsuit because the water was cold at the river, but it's icy cold at this spot. The water comes from a natural spring.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi L =) Think your farthing is a real coin if it is the correct size. Nice ring find it looks pretty ! And the cabbage dish looks tasty also !!

OP
OP
lorraine

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Thanks Rusty,

I'll research it further; there are so many sites and so much info on this item that it is confusing to me

Lorraine

Very nice silver Hope ring! Dinner looks yummy!

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lorraine, I rented a wetsuit today and my brother and his wife picked it up for me since they were in the area. Sadly, they didn't get back to where I was until almost 6 pm and I couldn't use it today. Hopefully I can use it Saturday and Tuesday if I can leave Mama home alone. Heavy rain and possible storm Sunday afternoon and Monday and I'll take it back Wednesday.
Sure hope I find something worth posting at the two spots I hope to hit and they are both spring fed swimming areas and icy cold. Everything is ready and all I have to do is head out early in the morning. GL & HH.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
send that golumpki down here Lorraine!! another good hunt for you!

OP
OP
lorraine

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
fongu, so glad that you were able to get a wet suit; I wish you the best in the water with it; you have a few days to get those treasures before returning the suit.

Spring fed: sounds very refresihing; will be waiting for your posts of finds

Lorraine

Lorraine, I rented a wetsuit today and my brother and his wife picked it up for me since they were in the area. Sadly, they didn't get back to where I was until almost 6 pm and I couldn't use it today. Hopefully I can use it Saturday and Tuesday if I can leave Mama home alone. Heavy rain and possible storm Sunday afternoon and Monday and I'll take it back Wednesday.
Sure hope I find something worth posting at the two spots I hope to hit and they are both spring fed swimming areas and icy cold. Everything is ready and all I have to do is head out early in the morning. GL & HH.

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Lorraine! Your just a silver pulling machine!

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
That HOPE ring looks great for supper I mean I'd like to get some of that golumpki

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't get to my spot until 2:30 pm and a large tree was blocking the access. So, I went the back way and fell down once getting in and twice getting out. I'm glad I had the wetsuit because the water was icy cold, but clearer than the river. The level of the water had come back up so high since the farmer leasing this property had quit using his irrigation outfit that I couldn't really hit the spot I intended and found nothing but shell casings and bullets. A local guy and his friends dredged this spot some time back and it was a bust. Slippery mud and the way I went in I had to crawl over large chunks of concrete and rebar and I tried going another way and bogged up in the mud. I went to the river and found 86 cents in clad and a broken copper bracelet, but I really enjoyed getting out. It's not about the finds or their value, but just getting out and having some time for myself. HH.

fongu, so glad that you were able to get a wet suit; I wish you the best in the water with it; you have a few days to get those treasures before returning the suit.

Spring fed: sounds very refresihing; will be waiting for your posts of finds

Lorraine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread