May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice video thanks for sharing. That detector is a little to pricey for me. Also noticed your wearing gloves, for protection I assume.

OP
OP
MiamiFox

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice video thanks for sharing. That detector is a little to pricey for me. Also noticed your wearing gloves, for protection I assume.

It's pricey for me to and I started wearing gloves after I got cut from a piece of glass in the scoop and especially for breaking up the clay like muck on Key Biscayne..

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Other than being pricey for you, did you enjoying using the ATX or do you still prefer to use the AT and why?
I assumed you borrowed the ATX to try it out, as you most likely already knew its cost.

It seems like from your finds and the areas you hunt, it would not take long to make up the difference between the cost of the two detectors.

Sorry about the cut, In Hawaii that would be a show stopper, as you have to be especially careful to treat open wounds at the beach because if the wound is not cleaned and treated with antibiotic so that it heals from the inside before it closes, you could end up with the dreaded staph infection.

Putting your hand in the scoop where I detect is sort of like playing Russian Ruellete, meaning no offense to the Ruskies, I like them. It is sharpie paradise plus we have live cones (which are venomous), plus man of war tenacles when there are strong on shore winds.

Last edited:

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gotta give it to all you water hunters....Ive hunting a couple times in lakes and the Gulf....and its not as easy as i thought it was..it really takes patience and skill to actually be able to pluck the target out.
Great video! You make it look so easy to fnd a gold ring..lol

OP
OP
MiamiFox

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Other than being pricey for you, did you enjoying using the ATX or do you still prefer to use the AT and why?
I assumed you borrowed the ATX to try it out, as you most likely already knew its cost.

It seems like from your finds and the areas you hunt, it would not take long to make up the difference between the cost of the two detectors.

Sorry about the cut, In Hawaii that would be a show stopper, as you have to be especially careful to treat open wounds at the beach because if the wound is not cleaned and treated with antibiotic so that it heals from the inside before it closes, you could end up with the dreaded staph infection.

Putting your hand in the scoop where I detect is sort of like playing Russian Ruellete, meaning no offense to the Ruskies, I like them. It is sharpie paradise plus we have live cones (which are venomous), plus man of war tenacles when there are strong on shore winds.

As for the Pro vs ATX I'm still getting adjusted to the sound of the tones on targets with the ATX and I'm planing to hit Miami Beach this week with it then I'll know.

I have a friend that owns an MD store near me, and yes they are on the pricey side. I am lucky to be able to try it out for a week or two and that hunt was 4 hours, if I post the whole thing you would fall asleep.

I'm going to rethink my gloves. You made me look up CONES and here is part of the description:
Cone snails use a hypodermic-like modified radula tooth and a venom gland to attack and paralyze their prey before engulfing it. The tooth is sometimes likened to a dart or a harpoon. It is barbed and can be extended some distance out from the mouth of the snail, at the end of the proboscis.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MiamiFox

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
I gotta give it to all you water hunters....Ive hunting a couple times in lakes and the Gulf....and its not as easy as i thought it was..it really takes patience and skill to actually be able to pluck the target out.
Thanks for the complement on the video but it's not that easy to find rings, that hunt was about 4 hours and if I posted the whole thing you would fall asleep. I lost count of the pull tabs.

Dec 12, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug DP, Fisher F19 LTD, Minelab Safari, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger, Lesche Ground Shark Shovel, 9.5x5.5 NEL Sharpshooter Coil (Safari), 9.5x

Amen! Me too. When I've tried water hunting it was brutal. It wasn't in calm water like in this video and I had a crummy DIY made scoop which didn't help either. Would love to try calmer water and a real scoop next time.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool vid and congrads on the treasure!! ATX sounds just like the Infinium, I hated the low/hi hi/low. Thanks for sharing and Editing, when videoing a hunt, every time I find something good I put my hand in front of the cam lens to mark good stuff....sure cuts down on the editing time...:thumbsup:

OP
OP
MiamiFox

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Cool vid and congrads on the treasure!! ATX sounds just like the Infinium, I hated the low/hi hi/low. Thanks for sharing and Editing, when videoing a hunt, every time I find something good I put my hand in front of the cam lens to mark good stuff....sure cuts down on the editing time...:thumbsup:
Thanks OBN I'm still trying to get adjusted to the sounds and the LEDs and thanks for the tip with the hand.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Great video MFox.

Who makes the scoop you used? RTG?

Looking forward to the Miami Beach video. Fontainebleau area?

I hunt SB occasionally.

GL and HH

OP
OP
MiamiFox

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey friend, nice hunting, especially for that spot. You should buy that thing, it works. Now you can say you've found a sword. I may hunt the Beach tomorrow pm, time permitting.

Last edited:

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As for the Pro vs ATX I'm still getting adjusted to the sound of the tones on targets with the ATX and I'm planing to hit Miami Beach this week with it then I'll know.

I have a friend that owns an MD store near me, and yes they are on the pricey side. I am lucky to be able to try it out for a week or two and that hunt was 4 hours, if I post the whole thing you would fall asleep.

I'm going to rethink my gloves. You made me look up CONES and here is part of the description:
Cone snails use a hypodermic-like modified radula tooth and a venom gland to attack and paralyze their prey before engulfing it. The tooth is sometimes likened to a dart or a harpoon. It is barbed and can be extended some distance out from the mouth of the snail, at the end of the proboscis.

You got the cones right: Two species are lethal in Hawaii and can kill a human.
I would most likely die of a heart attack if I got darted by a harmless one.

If I got it right those beautiful puka shell necklaces come from the top part of a dead cones shell. You not only have to sort the cyldrical sections by size, also have to sort by color. Best necklaces come from the Island of Nihau, reserved for Hawaiins, North of Kaui.

Great fun to hunt for as long as you do not turn your back to the water and are able to run fast, like fast in " Run SGC Run", life around here is like a box of Chocolate macadamian nuts, pure kona coffee, guava, coconut and ginger,

Last edited:

dunnellondave

Oct 1, 2013
Same one that was canceled after having 3 bids and then jacked up a couple hundred bucks? Ever heard of a reserve?

dunnellondave

Oct 1, 2013
ForumRunner_20141021_170527.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread