Gold & Silver-At the river

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went dirt fishing yesterday for almost 3 hours and the first hour I worked the boat ramp and found a penny. Then I worked across the swim area to the dock and started back. Got a sound that sounded like trash, but scratchy and found this sterling silver braid type bracelet. I worked about 20 feet back towards the boat ramp and got a signal and the minute I heard it in my headphones, I knew it was gold. 10K ring with JCM trademark stamped on inside of band. Has a cross in the center of the ring. Photos didn't turn out too good for some reason and the sun had just came out from behind the clouds. I was neck deep with my rented wetsuit when I found the gold ring and when I took the wetsuit back today, the guy at the dive shop just charged me for one day and saved me 10 bucks. I think this is my first gold ring this year and add that to a 14K bracelet and I'm a happy camper. When they let the river down, I hope to find enough jewelry to buy a wetsuit. Sorry about these photos. I intend to weigh the ring,bracelet and 1983 coin after church tonight. Maybe the 1983 coin is one of those error coins and hope it weighs 3.1 grams. HH.
Gold & Silver - At the river 001 (Custom).jpg Gold & Silver - At the river 003 (Custom).jpg Gold & Silver - At the river 002 (Custom).jpg Gold & Silver - At the river 004 (Custom).jpg Gold & Silver - At the river 005 (Custom).jpg

Upvote 0

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Congrats on both of those finds, fongu:hello2:

You did really well at that river!

Lorraine

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Good Hunt, I have always want to do some river hunting....keep us informed..:thumbsup:

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Xs 2a pro, Excalibur ll, Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's an easily missed ring, nice find. I bought my wet suit on Craigslist for $40 thick, suit with hood front side to side shoulder zipper. Was the fellas teenage son who used it 3 times. Never hurts to check that site occasionally, as well as pawn shops

powered by pull tabs

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice hunting. How do they let a river down? Is it controlled by a dam?

OP
OP
F

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I weighed everything after church last night. The ring was .81 of a gram and the sterling silver bracelet was 3.99 grams and the penny was not an error coin. Sure would like to see a 1983 penny show 3.1 grams and I've found quite a few at the river. I knew the ring was light weight but hoped it would be at least a gram, but it sure sounded loud and clear with my headphones. The trademark was for Jackmel and was registered in 1982 and the ring was in about 6 inches of sand.
MiamiFox,they have a dam on the river and let the water down every 2 years to control weeds and allow people time to do maintenance on their docks and boat houses.
OBN, I hunted nearly 3 hours and only found bullets, shell casings and boat trash, pull tabs and pop tops, but just when I thought I would get skunked, I found the braided chain and ring within 5-10 minutes of each other. I planned to stay an extra hour, but Mama needed me so I had to go. I've found quite a bit of jewelry for me out of this location, but nothing like the stuff you've posted. It sure is nice to recover this jewelry, but I've only found one recent drop and that was in 2012 and it was just laying in the water about 50 feet from shore and about knee deep.
hubcap76, I hadn't thought to check the pawn shops or ebay, but I like doing business with this dive shop. My brother and his wife were in Albany that day and picked it up in the early afternoon and they just charged me one day rental. I rented it for Friday and Saturday and they don't open back up until Wednesday and the days they are closed they don't charge me rental, so it's a good deal except the hassle of driving 100 miles round trip to pick it up and take it back. I was just lucky my brother and his wife were in town that day and saved me a trip.
Thanks Lorraine, glad I got on board with some silver and gold. It really encouraged me to keep on when I found these two items. The braided sterling silver bracelet had one of the worst signal tones I've ever heard and I suspected it might be a chain, but it was totally different than a gold chain. HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread