Not Messin around

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats! Can't say enough about the CZ-21. Love using mine on local beaches in water, wet sand or dry. In case you need, here is a quick tip video by Russ Balbirona on how to ground balance the unit. The beginning of the video can be skipped, the informational stuff is after the pool portion of the video. Best of luck

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great video once he got out of the pool. I have never seen a better GB explanation.

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great video once he got out of the pool. I have never seen a better GB explanation.

Yeah, I don't quite understand why he even made the pool portion of the video; but, the second half really helps for those that have a hard time following the machine's manual for the bobbing gb method.

metalhealth

Aug 6, 2014
N.C.
Detector(s) used
excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TwoYewts... haha. thats hilarious. nice handle.

garviso8

Aug 10, 2014
hialeah fl
Detector(s) used
minelab safari/cz-21 /bounty hunter quick draw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what kind of finds did you recover on the dry sand ,I'm doing the same thing .torn between a cz and a Excalibur. here in south fl.

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks MetalHealth :)

Garviso, people will swear by both. Best bet would be to ask around to see what others in your area recommend since they are more familiar with the ground/sand conditions there etc. and can give you the best advise. I'm up in the NorthEast and I have used my CZ even on dirt simply because it hits nice and deep. My one exception is in trashy parks/schools because the CZ just loves small iron too much (I prefer using my Omega with the 5" coil for those spots). I have found everything from regular clad to jewelry in the sand with the CZ. For dry sand, I will stick to the towel line and volleyball courts. Bottom line though is if you are out for finding some shiny yellow, the water is where its at (I'm sure others will agree).

You can also check out the brands forums here on TNET to see what others say and also check the Florida forum on TNet to see what others are posting and see what machines they use.

Best of luck. HH.

-TwoYewts

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I HAVE NEVER GROUND BALANCED MINE CZ20 OR CZ21s - TALKED TO ANOTHER OLD TIMER THAT LOVES HIS CZ21 - SAYS HE NEVER HAS EITHER
I TURN ON AND GO - AND GET GREAT SENSITIVITY AND DEPTH ALL THE TIME AND EVERYWHERE I GO :dontknow:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ONE OF MY BETTER YEARS WITH CZ21

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my CZ21! I use mine on a belt as a waist mount setup primarily in freshwater lakes. I don't remember the last time I used the pinpoint mode. I've just used it so much that pinpointing is not an issue. I do ground balance but I have to agree with Casper, it doesn't really make a difference that I can tell for the hunting I do. I dig those "bell tones" because once again, the area I hunt produces more good targets than bad targets when I get a bell tone. I have no problem finding really small earrings, some are just an earring post and a non-metallic stud attached and I find them deep. I've really enjoyed my CZ21. Spend the time to master it like any detector and in my opinion you won't regret it.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my CZ21! I use mine on a belt as a waist mount setup primarily in freshwater lakes. I don't remember the last time I used the pinpoint mode. I've just used it so much that pinpointing is not an issue. I do ground balance but I have to agree with Casper, it doesn't really make a difference that I can tell for the hunting I do. I dig those "bell tones" because once again, the area I hunt produces more good targets than bad targets when I get a bell tone. I have no problem finding really small earrings, some are just an earring post and a non-metallic stud attached and I find them deep. I've really enjoyed my CZ21. Spend the time to master it like any detector and in my opinion you won't regret it.

I HATE THE "BIG GOLD" BUTTON - PINPOINT BUTTON FOR THOSE THAT DONT KNOW
TRIED IT WHEN I FIRST GOT IT - I GET MY TARGETS ON FIRST TRY WITH OUT IT - UNLESS REALLY REALLY DEEP - THEN IT TAKES TWO SCOOPS
I WISH THEY WOULD MAKE THAT BUTTON A PUSH TO PUT IN "ZERO" ID MODE - WHERE YOU COULD PUSH TO CHECK IN TONE MODE AND RELEASE TO GO BACK TO ALL METAL - THEY WOULD GET MORE PEOPLE WANTING TO BUY THEM IF THEY DID THAT - AND WOULD GET MORE GUYS THAT HAVE THEM TO BUY NEW ONES WITH THAT FEATURE I'D BET

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also enjoyed looking at those finds Casper, very nice!

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a bunch of great finds there Casper, congrats. My CZ21 came with some foam padded round stickers to place over the gold pinpoint spot. I never tried them but the instructions said they will make it feel and respond more like an actual button instead of how it works without the stickers. Have you tried it? I'm like you, I became so used to not using the pinpoint feature that I never tried the stickers. Also, I figured that with continued use the sticker would come off and leave a sticky mess to have to deal with.

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I HAVE NEVER GROUND BALANCED MINE CZ20 OR CZ21s - TALKED TO ANOTHER OLD TIMER THAT LOVES HIS CZ21 - SAYS HE NEVER HAS EITHER
I TURN ON AND GO - AND GET GREAT SENSITIVITY AND DEPTH ALL THE TIME AND EVERYWHERE I GO :dontknow:

Hey Casper - awesome finds with the CZ. I know you definitely put in the time from all of your posts so its great to see you are rewarded for it. I have actually only had to ground balance mine twice. Once was when I first got it and the second time was only because I was on a trip with a hunting buddy down in North Carolina and the CZ was simply tripping out with the settings I usually have on it. Otherwise, like you said, its pretty much a get up and go type scenario. Figured the video would help those that first get their unit or for those that switch between fresh and salt water hunting as you might have to balance the unit for the difference in minerals in the surrounding area.

Also can't stand the pinpoint button! I usually get all my finds with my RTG on first scoop unless like you said its a deeper hit...and the CZ definitely loves to go deep. :)

Best of luck for the remainder of the year! HH!
-TwoYewts

Last edited:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in Florida, ground balancing has no effect on my CZ21 either. What number do you set your ground balance on Casper?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions