SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Saw this earlier on the news. Tonight's news said it was a DUD! I found a World War ll aerial hand held practice bomb in 4ft of water in Ft.Laud. Bomb squad took it also. Didn't make the news. Not healthy to keep one anyways. You never know. You guys did right by calling it in and getting away from it.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
cdv1...where are you brother....

Cliff sent this to me, I do believe he was the finder

Last edited:

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Nice preventative save. Now this is a good story for our hobby. It shows the type of dangerous items that are recovered from our beaches. Im glad everyone was safe and this didnt go the other direction.

dc426

Aug 7, 2011
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
sand shark, at pro, New CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cliff and I were out early yesterday. Up to this point I found one nice silver ladies ring. Then all I here is "hey you're not going to believe this" and I say "what!". Cliff wouldn't answer me. So I say "what did ya get"? Cliff pulls his scoop up slowly out of the water and a hand grenade is hanging off his scoop by it's trigger handle. Not sure if this first video will work but it's video Cliff took when he found it. Sorry for the language. The second link is the local news story.
DC

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxE5BWDuR4DuaTQ0SkFBNGQ5SUU/view

Inert grenade found on St. Pete Beach

I'll start a new post for this.
DC

Last edited:

TIME TRAVELER

Greenie
Jan 27, 2006
Cape Coral Fl 33990
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000,Garrett At PRO, Whites Surf Master PI, WHITES DFX, MINELAB EXCALIBER 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey! Dc426. Time Traveler here. I know how u felt.. A couple years back I too found a hand grenade on ft myers beach at he pier. I got signal I dug down about 6 in. Listen for sound again. Still had strong signal. I ended up right at foot a half , there it was. I recognized it right away, but my scoop had torn the lever off w the pin. I thought well it didn't explosed!! I saw the hole in the bottom of grenade, an knew it was a decomissioned. I still have it, I often wish I had some fun with it, back off an call 911. The cops would shut the whole beach down for two blocks, with bomb squad, and probely news helicopters. Ha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread