BEACH HUNTER 300 or SURF DUAL FIELD???? Which is better?

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have either . If I could only one it be bhid300 for it ability to discriminate. Some beaches a pi will dry you nuts.

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I do have the Whites Dual Field PI. I have found deep gold with it, which is great. However, I have also found bobby pins, tent stakes and fish hooks MUCH deeper, which is not so good. I have never used the BHID300 so I can't comment on it. I will say that although the Dual Field works great and is light weight and even has much less chatter in the water than the detector I now use, I have too much trash on the beaches where I usually hunt to use it and keep my sanity. I have moved on to a Minelab CTX3030 and love it for depth and discrimination in the wet & dry sand and surf edge, I don't take it into the deeper water much.
Happy Hunting, Beach Papa

Thead

Jul 16, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
TDI Pro, Surf PI Pro, BeachHunter ID, Sovereign GT and Excalibur 1000 (my favorite)
Primary Interest:
Just remember that if you get the Beach Hunter, your spouse will be bugging you to dig anytime she sees that green LED flicker.

Sandigger2

Mar 25, 2012
Ventura County,So Cal
Detector(s) used
DFX, PIDF,CZ 21,F5,
Primary Interest:
So Cal beaches will drive you nuts with a PI due to all the trash unless you get waist to shoulder deep away from the light trash in the surf line.
If you want to hunt the wet sand at low tide and keep the water away from the control box, the DFX with the 950 conc will work fine.
The coil is water proof. Don't raise the detector out of the water to allow water to run into the display or the controls or it's gone zo.
80+% of beach hunters use an excal or CZ21 for a reason. Waterproof and discrimination capability.

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Valid points on the previous posts, I hunt with a excal 1000 the old blue and they can be found on eBay for less then you will pay for either, dual field or the beach hunter 300 ID. I've owned both of them and can tell you this, it all boils down to will you mind digging A LOT of deep junk targets? If so I wouldn't recommend the dual field. If you don't mind then go for it, it's super deep but be forewarned, it goes DEEP and that's good until you've dug 3/4's of your hunt deep for trash such as iron chunks, sparklers, fishing hooks, bottle caps, tin foil, nails, screws, washers, jean grommets, ect. The list goes on, and on and on! Yes you will find deep goodies also but all the junk had me put mine up for sale 3 times. If those are your only choices then go with the beach hunter 300 ID. I've owned it found good targets, passed up on a lot of iron, really enjoyed the LED lights but ground balancing was a drag. Don't be fooled by it being a VLF that machine can find deep targets due to the 12" coil. Problem with the coils on both are they float and in the surf they'll flip up a lot. I personally would recommend a excal 1000 old blue one over the other 2 whites but if that's all you want and don't want all the junk I'd go with the BH 300 ID.
Good luck in your decision.
If you decide to go with a whites shoot me a PM with your address and I'll send you a $5 off token. Not much but it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Coastie59

Mar 13, 2011
NC Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal ll, ATPRO,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go with the BH300, I hunt with it in all metal mode, it goes deeper, the lights work great, dig all green and yellow lights!!

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Go with the BH300, I hunt with it in all metal mode, it goes deeper, the lights work great, dig all green and yellow lights!!

Oh yeah I forgot it had all metal. Kind of missed that machine after I sold it.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Which would be easier for a beginner ?
Definitely the beach hunter 300 ID, dual field has a learning curve and with the BH 300 you'll be off to a good start not digging junk. Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet View attachment 1062897

image-3360419684.jpg

Attachments

• image-630671062.jpg
    image-630671062.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:

Coastie59

Mar 13, 2011
NC Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal ll, ATPRO,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you decide on the BH300 let me know. I have a new one, used twice, 15months transferable warranty, will give a good deal 031.JPG 033.JPG if your interested

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread