DO YOU HAVE TROUBLE DIVING AND KEEPING HEADPHONES ON?

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casper please don't use all caps, it violates our rules....

" Don't "SHOUT" in large type. Use bold, red, or other special type only when necessary. (Exception: birthday greetings, special congratulations, etc.)"

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He has to shout - he has his headphones on! :laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I wonder who first determined that capital letters equals Shouting! That really caught on. I have heard many people shouting in lower case letters.

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
government computer (I work nights)- Its set up to do everything in caps --not meant to come off as shouting - just important and easier to read
this post is from my home puter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
government computer (I work nights)- Its set up to do everything in caps --not meant to come off as shouting - just important and easier to read
this post is from my home puter
Thanks Casper, I knew it wasn't always caps so wasn't sure what was happening.

We have members intentionally posting in Caps that have been asked to stop and we get complaints we don't enforce rules evenly and or we pick and choose what rules we enforce and neither is true......

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casper - If you are diving in cold enough water that you need a hood. Place the hood on your head and mark your ear position. Place the headphone pad over your ear position and trace it with a sharpy of different color than your hood. Take a razor knife and cut the pattern out. The neoprene cuts beautifully. I did this and it works great!!! I can send you a Pic if you would like?

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casper - If you are diving in cold enough water that you need a hood. Place the hood on your head and mark your ear position. Place the headphone pad over your ear position and trace it with a sharpy of different color than your hood. Take a razor knife and cut the pattern out. The neoprene cuts beautifully. I did this and it works great!!! I can send you a Pic if you would like?

thanks for the input - i'll hunt standing up when it gets that cold - but wont go under up here when its that cold - I tried a hood yrs ago - did not like it

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dive with both a hood (hate it, try to avoid it, but sometimes it is so darn cold that it is a necessary evil) and without a hood. I don't recall having many problems with the head phones falling off, unless there was a reason - - such as letting the detector go and it pulling them with.

One thing I have learned, is to remove the snorkel if I am using head phones with scuba. They two things interfere with each other. I will only take a snorkel if I have to swim a long distance on the surface and want to save my air.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread