Garrettt 250 questionn

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The falsing is due to heavy mineralization from the salt water. Not much your going to do about that. And as long as the control box don't get wet you should be ok with 3/4 shaft submerged.

krymesolvr93

Oct 27, 2013
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
buzzhead is right, as long as the control box isn't wet you're golden. Salt water= no-no because of mineralization as stated, but fresh water is alright.

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All above correct, If you really want to salt water hunt and like your Garrett then upgrade to the At-Pro next. The box is fully submersible to 10 feet and you can ground balance it. Good luck!

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know for certain but I've heard the at pro was just like the aces when it comes to saltwater.... Yucky...

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know for certain but I've heard the at pro was just like the aces when it comes to saltwater.... Yucky...
My Ace 250 is unstable in the wet sand. I have to turn the sens down so low that Im only getting two inches of depth. My AT pro can get around 7 inches on a coin in wet sand and run stable. That's on Florida beaches.

OP
OP
AGirlGetsDirty

AGirlGetsDirty

Aug 12, 2013
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Minelab & Whites, Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks! This is good infoI am going to OBX to metal and fish. The 2 inches may not be bad for me, there is nothing more frustrating than digging and getting water then hole collapse 😚😩

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Had mine in salt water many of times with no false what so ever..

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess it depends on sand and conditions. When I was in NJ I was able to hunt all the way down to where the waves were coming up with no chattering. Found a couple of coins and this came up
74602e44bf3c7624ff0650b3aea00efd.jpg

metalhealth

Aug 6, 2014
N.C.
Detector(s) used
excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried to use an ace 350 on the nw gulf coast of florida this summer. you can forget about anything but dry sand there. it freaks out when it crosses over into the wet sand. i didnt even attempt it in the water after trying the wet sand. works great in the dry tho! found lots of coins, cheapo ring, 2 bracelets, several earrings. good luck to you.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! This is good infoI am going to OBX to metal and fish. The 2 inches may not be bad for me, there is nothing more frustrating than digging and getting water then hole collapse 
Let us know how it goes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread