Sometimes you just get skunked.....

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to the river last week or the week before and was wearing my chest waders and couldn't get out too far. Found quite a few 22 bullets, casings, pull tabs and pop tops. What really surprised me was finding this diabetic syringe about 5 feet from where everybody enters and exits the swim park.
Didn't find the needle but was getting a beep on it and it must have come off in my scoop and fell thru. Just a good idea to be careful out there.
Skunked 002 (Custom).jpg

Upvote 0

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Those syringes so dangerous ! I found one last week right on top of the sand.

Good luck on your next time out, fongu, and thanks for the post and pic.

Lorraine

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I like hunts like that because you can learn the target history of the locations. Good Job I think, specially on the little stuff which can be very time consuming for me...:thumbsup:

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad you didn't get poked by the needle. I went out last Sunday and also got skunked. A few coins, a toy car and lots of junk. Let me ask a dumb question - when you use waders, how do you use the scoop? Do you get your arms wet?

OP
OP
F

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I get my arms wet up to about the elbows, but wear 2.0 under armor tops & bottoms and socks. Went to a local park today and found my 4th silver coin this year, even tho I lost two of them after finding them. This coin was unusual for me, a 1945-D US/Philippine 10 centavos coin. Didn't even know there was such a coin. My photos didn't turn out good so I copied photos from the internet.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31IiKwTtFgL.jpg
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/411wXQseUtL.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread