Horse nearly killed me

Vikingblood

Sep 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm walking backwards out of the surf with scoop full of sound and boom I get whacked. It was a very steep slope and the horse slipped and kept going lower looking for solid ground until he hit me with his butt. Detector and scoop going flying and I hit the ground. I was the only person on the beach for miles in both directions and she (the rider) managed to hit me! Then had the nerve to ride off and not even stop to see if I was ok!
I had no idea it was coming. My earphones where on so I had no idea they were coming. One second I'm walking backwards with scoop full of sand hoping to find a goody. Next thing I know BOOM I'm down.

How could she just trot off with out checking in me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminder that TN is a family friendly forum....

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I am glad to see you are Ok .. But we always have to keep our eye's & ear's on alert .. Be safe

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Pennies on the beach?!

image-4094823681.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Attachments

• image-2067045852.jpg
    image-2067045852.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 83
  • image-328622767.jpg
    image-328622767.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 84
  • image-3363658140.jpg
    image-3363658140.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 80

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank goodness you're just bruised. This would have laid me up for some time and just another reminder to be careful out there. You can be in the right, but if you get trampled by a horse or run over by someone driving on the beach, you'll be "Dead Right". Most people who ride horses are nice people, but there are exceptions. This young lady might have been frightened, but there's no excuse for not sending someone back to check on you. It seems she has no conscience.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own a horse. I ride all the time. to be 'near you' even on a wide open beach is just crazy. what the? she ain't no rider in my eyes!

and to not check on you. OMG! a horse is huge and can do damage very easily to a person with little contact. Ask me how I know :) :)

it is bizarre for sure and glad you didn't get hurt more. crazy. Me being a rider, know what it involves etc., I would be tracking down that biotch for a little chat! LOL

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
Vikingblood

Vikingblood

Sep 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crazy I know. And this is a very big beach with lots of room. There was no reason to have been near me. And to not stop and check on me she had to have known the horse hit me. Aggghh$/):??:!!:$:$

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crazy I know. And this is a very big beach with lots of room. There was no reason to have been near me. And to not stop and check on me she had to have known the horse hit me. Aggghh$/):??:!!:$:$

I like to hunt!
A rider on a horse should not be hard to track down.
This would really bother me, as I would want to know why?
The action(s) that would follow, would depend on the reason why!
Some things you let go, as IT happens!
The horse may of just spooked, and could not be controlled.
If it was deliberate or she was careless, I would let her know under no uncertain
terms that it would be best for her to ride somewhere else when you are detecting.

Last edited:

gilgar

Mar 18, 2009
A Little South of Heaven
Detector(s) used
Garrett Treasure Ace 300
wow that's crazy! Is it possible the rider didn't see you? sounds like the horse was going backwards too if it hit you with its butt, maybe the rider never turned around as the horse was slipping?? I can't imagine someone wouldn't stop if they saw you but then again these days, who knows?

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea. Some dude pulling his kid on a board slammed in the back of me this summer. Almost knocked me on the ground but luckily I am a lot bigger than he was. He did apologize but it should have never happened.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a spooked horse on a wide open beach? hmmm. have my doubts, mostly the metal detector dude would be the spook item and the horse would be going in the opposite direction actually.

I think way too much horse for the rider. big time accident waiting to happen to that rider. It is amazing how many ride too much horse under them yet they think they have control :)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread