Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
..or duct tape until you get your technique down and it doesn't happen so much anymore. :occasion14:

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I tried something similar, except it was a brace that went from the shaft to the front of the coil. Only problem, although I thought I had it locked down tight, the brace rubbed against the coil and almost wore a hole through the coil before I realized what was happening. Sand. water. rubbing back and forth from the pressure of the water = hole in coil. Be careful.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried something similar, except it was a brace that went from the shaft to the front of the coil. Only problem, although I thought I had it locked down tight, the brace rubbed against the coil and almost wore a hole through the coil before I realized what was happening. Sand. water. rubbing back and forth from the pressure of the water = hole in coil. Be careful.

Not in the picture, but I use a piece of clear rubber tubing slid over the nylon.....works great and prevents the very problem you mentioned. :thumbsup:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know White's used to sell a good one that fit their detectors. Mine worked great while I was still using my White's PI.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread