East Coast Florida Shallow Water Detecting

1KBlueTuber

Oct 19, 2014
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur blue tube 1000
Fisher cz-6a, 1265x,
Whites eagle IIsl
Hoping someone on Tnet can tell me where I can start wading with my Excalibur without being a claim jumper? I spend a week on Vero Beach every year in April and wondered how far south of there I need to be. Also curious about Ft. Myers beach area detecting as I'll be there n January. Thanks in advance

Upvote 0

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Welcome to the forum.
I'm sure someone in that area will be able to help you out.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI....much of the east coast of Florida can provide some treacherous hunting conditions during the winter season. The sand here is soft and deep and it is not uncommon to encounter deep "blow holes" that can easily appear with the changing of just a single tide. Shoreline currents can also be very strong and surges can come upon you very suddenly which will only serve to increase these currents considerably. On most days you are likely to get pounded, even at low tide. Just some friendly FYI.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Stay away from the 1715 beaches and you should be ok.

Sandman23

Dec 18, 2012
Tampa, FL.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SS II. looking to upgrade soon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, I have three questions if anyone could help me that would be great.

1.) I hear you can only metal detect the beach from the toe of the sand dunes to the water line, does these go for beaches like Ft. Pierce, Vero and others in the area??

2.) of the 6 ships found does anyone know if one of them is " The Capitana "??

3.) and last does anyone know of who I can call to get leasing / permit info from the state??

Thanks for your time!!!

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
1KBT, I have attached my FMB finds from a couple of 2 hour hunts last week. The wet sand was as hard as concrete and the water was very murky. As you can see in the picture there are plenty of beer drinking litter bugs south of the FMB Pier GL and HL ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1417790400.826319.jpg

1emeraldlady

Jul 26, 2013
Micco, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
Lots of laws and changing rules here on the Treasure Coast. VERY Short answer for number is one is Yes.
#2 You missed a GREAT Free lecture last Friday by Underwater Archaeologist and author Sir Robert Marx, at Florida Institute of Technology in Melbourne, about the Capitana and the short answer is they finally think they know where she is but they will NOT release that info at the present.
#3 Check out Brent Brisben's Facebook page 1715 Fleet-Queens Jewels, LLC and Home Brent's company purchased the exclusive salvage rights from famous Fisher Family a few years ago and his subcontractors are the men and women still working the 1715 sites here when the weather is right.

1emeraldlady

Jul 26, 2013
Micco, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
Hi all, I have three questions if anyone could help me that would be great.

1.) I hear you can only metal detect the beach from the toe of the sand dunes to the water line, does these go for beaches like Ft. Pierce, Vero and others in the area??

2.) of the 6 ships found does anyone know if one of them is " The Capitana "??

3.) and last does anyone know of who I can call to get leasing / permit info from the state??

Thanks for your time!!!

Check out my response above please... :)

CMan1

Nov 21, 2014
Treasure Coast 1715 Florida
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a great lecture sat and talked with Sir Marks for awhile. Met a great Captain on the 1715 fleet.
Picked up the 80 lb silver bar and turned and mentioned. I guess I could get about two feet out of here with it.
The upcoming 1715 fleet at the Fun Show Jan Orlando. Items I heard coming out of state vault.

Today Mel Fisher had a nice open house.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread