wildcarrot

Oct 5, 2013
SoCal
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
old used white's surfmaster PI, Dual Field, DFX, Minelab GM 1000 and Nox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
001.JPG 005.JPG 007.JPG Spent considerable time searching low tides while camping last week. There was nothing happening on the beach so I decided to hunt the woods around the perimeter of this old campground. I brought my DFX and digging tools just in case there might be some dirt digging opportunities. The shell casing is stamped R A 1941 300 Z which I think is Remington Arms Co.. I looked around for some of the oldest trees and hunted around those areas. In the pictures you'll see what looks like part of an alarm clock, a little piece of ornate brass with some scroll work, old twisted fork, a brass pendant that says, Golden Bear, on one side. Also three wheat pennies from the 40's and 50's.

Some small finds but a huge amount of fun exploring around the woods. Working dry, hard ground with tools and a pinpointer is a whole different game.

017.JPG 018.JPG 022.JPG

Upvote 0

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Very cool, looks like you had a good hunt in the dry stuff

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking forward to doing a lot of camping and dirt digging next year....:thumbsup:

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a good workout.

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't been camping since my dog chewed my tent to pieces about 20 years ago. Guess he was bored or something and labs like to chew and rip fabrics for some reason. Nice finds and that's a lot of digging. I sure wish I could get somebody to stay with Mama for the weekend sometime so I could just get out and camp for 2-3 days and relax.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you had a good time and did a lot of digging...pics make me want to go camping...family hasn't went camping in a long time, I miss it.

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wished I known about detecting when I was camping! At least you have a backup plan! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread