Aussie Shaft

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone use an Aussie shaft for shallow water hunting?

I have never used one, Do you use two hands to sweep the coil, or only one like a regular shaft.

I don't think it would work well because of the extra drag from the lower shaft.
Also, it is much shorter than the Anderson Tall Man shaft that I use.

I am looking for the best way to use a large coil in the water.
I suspect a bungie cord to support the weight of a heavier cord would be the best way to gol

Upvote 0

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weight may not be as much a problem as resistance..... depends on you water drift. There are times a 10" isnt the best. Are you talking about the ones used for the ML gold machines? If so ya they use both hands because of the battery and total weight in the gold fields. Post a picture.

OP
OP
S

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weight may not be as much a problem as resistance..... depends on you water drift. There are times a 10" isnt the best. Are you talking about the ones used for the ML gold machines? If so ya they use both hands because of the battery and total weight in the gold fields. Post a picture.

Yeah, thats the type of shaft I was talking about.
Surprisingly, I found the six inch DD coil on the CTX 3030 more difficult to handle the the hugh 17 inch DD coil.
Most of the drag in the 3030 is in the shaft which is not only wider than the rod for the Excalibur, it is etched for grip rather than smooth.
I found coil control with the six inch DD coil more challanging, one blink and the target is no longer under the coil, also the little coil tends to stick when you scuff the bottom.

Last edited:

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glue a 10 in Frisbee under it problem solved...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread