Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I 've never seen a coil that is not water proof . I know all Sun ray coils are.

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I'm pretty new at this... Thanx
The X-12 coil is submersible, but your control box probably isn't. Be sure to check before dunking it completely.

HH

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Joey coils werent something you wanted to get wet. You do need to check some..... because they say water proof, then you read do not submerge. Remember to not to raise the coil above the box..... water will run down the inside of the shaft. Teflon tape under the nut..... just in case.

Dew

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Dew, Neither are the White Sunrays coils. I found out once I started researching the Early Sunrays, all white in color were not submersible. I loved the little Sunray 5 so much I paid 200 for a newer black one, which has found me maybe 30plus silver coins, but no gold with it yet. Excellent for trashy areas....you can see what happens at 6 minutes in the video, she starts acting stupid, I thought it was because the heyco was not tight but found out later they were only water proof.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you just have a bad coil or how did you find out all of them arent waterproof? The reason im asking i have a white SunRay intruder coil that came with the Sov i have but never put it in the water..... good thing i guess. If its just the connector..... is it possible to unscrew the nut and put aqua seal or teflon tape on it then put the nut back on? I assume that nut is to keep the cable from being pulled out of the coil.... and some degree of waterproofing. Id contact Ralph at SunRay if you dont feel comfortable.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread