Thanks for the tip.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Big Gold to you!

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Suggested Sand Shark settings for VCO mode.
It didn't miss much!

image-2876769885.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Attachments

• image-991188890.jpg
    image-991188890.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 162
  • image-3492090594.jpg
    image-3492090594.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 151
  • image-2750950250.jpg
    image-2750950250.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 158

Eddie Current

May 17, 2011
Flooorida
Detector(s) used
CTX /AT Pro / Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good choice for your water machine. The composition of the sand in NC will probably require some tweaking of the sensitivities. I would suggest starting with the factory recommended settings and play with it until you are happy.

You will find gold and bobby pins, bottle caps, nails, tent pegs, foil and other items (more of the later, not a lot of the first.) But I have found enough good stuff to make it a fun hobby.

Enjoy!

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just pulled the trigger on a Sand Shark. WOO HOO !
Kinda thinking of doing the same thing myself,or even a CZ3D.

OP
OP
RJ55

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was going to order one from Kellyco but the're out and said they probaly wouldn't have any for a good 4 weeks or more. Talked with Jeremy Vance and he had some in stock.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Was going to order one from Kellyco but the're out and said they probaly wouldn't have any for a good 4 weeks or more.

Just shows you how popular these machines are...GL and HH

Bill G

Jan 8, 2006
Congrats on the Sand Shark. I also like the VCO mode on my Shark, it's a great whet and dry sand/salt water beach detector (it finds everthing). I also love the Anderson straight shaft set up on the Sand Shark. It's a very balanced shaft and worth every penny..

Happy Hunting, :occasion14:
Bill G

Attachments

• sand shark.JPG
    sand shark.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Congrats on the Sand Shark. I also like the VCO mode on my Shark, it's a great whet and dry sand/salt water beach detector (it finds everthing). I also love the Anderson straight shaft set up on the Sand Shark. It's a very balanced shaft and worth every penny..

Happy Hunting, :occasion14:
Bill G

Where did you get the straight shaft and how much?

Bill G

Jan 8, 2006
Golddigger Detectors it ran about $119.00 You re-use your stock lower shaft. There are other Anderson shaft dealers out there as well. A web search will turn up a few.

Take Care,
Bill G

Lingote

Tenderfoot
Aug 12, 2014
Dominian rep
Detector(s) used
Lobo st. Sand shark .tejon discovery tf 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi sand shark users i just got the sand shark as i live a litte far from beach i decided to Try it in red soil to se how it performs in heavy mineralized soil but the detector reads the minerales like my vlf. So i hope it will not have that problem with heavy minerals in beach.is salt sand beach stronger than heavy mineralized red clay.please help

Joeyboots

Jan 22, 2012
New York, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher Pulse 8X/Garrett Gold Stinger/Tesoro Sand Shark/Tiger Shark/Falcon MD 20, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the same machine. I leave it in DR. I had it out on the beach and is good for pesos and presidente caps LOL. I am still learning about it myself but I like it. I am in Juan Dolio when I am in DR.

Golden oaks

Aug 4, 2012
BEACH BETTER HAVE MY MONEY!
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Excalibur II
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I purchased my Sand Shark about 2 years ago while caring for an ill family member along the NC shoreline. I really love the way it works in the sand, although it does chatter at times, but usually when the batteries need replaced. When I'm back in Ohio, I don't like to use it out of water because it does find EVERYTHING and I get frustrated digging up trash (can slaw, rusted nails, cables, etc.). I am thinking about finding a different MD for dry land searches. But in the sand & water... it's hard to beat the price & performance of the S-shark!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread