Florida Panhandle

outdoorsup

May 9, 2004
Lake Ozark, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites 4900, Garrett Ace 250
Bottom Line Up Front: I want to hunt the Florida Beaches between Panmal City and Fort Walton Beach.

I've been in the Army since 1990 and have managed to hunt in all kinds of places except the beach. I will be spending a cople of days in Panama City and would like to get a couple of hours in swinging the detector. I would like to know the rules, places I can't hunt and any advise. I have a garret 250 and an old Whites 4900 that I have used since 92. Thanks in advance

Keith
Redstone Arsenal, AL

Upvote 0

GuANu

Mar 11, 2007
Panama City Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, X-Terra 50
i live in panama city beach and always hunt the beach... you shouldn't have anything to worry about when beach hunting.. you can also hunt in st. andrews state park.. but you can only hunt the beach at the park.. but as for hunting in PCB, i've had no problems hunting the beach...

G

Old Tom

Aug 4, 2006
Milton, Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Surfmaster PI, Eagle Spectrum, Fisher 1235-X, 1280-X
GuANu

I am in pensacola area. I also have been wanting to make some trips and hunt FWB and Panama City beaches. I have been told that parking is not that good near the beaches. Is this true? I want to fell my car will be safe and in a legal spot.

The beaches here had about 12 feet of sand built on them in the last 2 years, so mostly finding newly lost items, the older stuff is just two deep.

GuANu

Mar 11, 2007
Panama City Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, X-Terra 50
it really depends where you want to park and what time of the day.. i live right across the street from the beach so i just walk from my house to hunt, but occasionally i go to some other areas such as by pier park and parking there can be a lil busy but i fish there ALOT, and have never had a problem... also i hunt the state park beach where parking is very plentiful.. if ya are going to head this way, just let me know and we'll hook up and shouldnt have a problem finding a place to hunt.. a good place where pocket change is plentiful is by edgewater area.. (there's a parking lot in front of the hotel behind burger king, which is the only place i pay to park and its $1 for 24 hrs, but average over 5 bux in change each trip to its always a profit lol)

G

Old Tom

Aug 4, 2006
Milton, Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Surfmaster PI, Eagle Spectrum, Fisher 1235-X, 1280-X
GuANu

Thanks for the information, and the offer. I will let you know when I come, and see if your available.

Tom

GuANu

Mar 11, 2007
Panama City Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, X-Terra 50
no prob, i'm always up for a hunt when i'm not at work... i'm off every tuesday because the shop is closed, otherwise i get either sat. or sun. off and that switches with the other installer.. so thats a random.. of course i typically hunt after work all the time (mostly night hunt)

G

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions