wildcarrot

Oct 5, 2013
SoCal
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
old used white's surfmaster PI, Dual Field, DFX, Minelab GM 1000 and Nox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent the last couple of days hunting the dry sand at some of my local beaches. Wet sand still not happening around here. I wandered away from towel lines and tried random areas that possibly had not been hunted much. Very surprised at the amount of targets I came across. I'm not showing the 100's of pop tops, bottle caps and other misc. trash that was dug up but I did find some nice pieces. A United Arab Emirates coin, hadn't seen one of these before. Some misc. junk jewelry including a gold plated religious pendant that really fooled me. The little electronic piece is a Fitbit 1 that folks use to record their workouts, may have some ebay value. Last but not least are two rings. One silver with a marquise cut black onyx stone. The other is a very heavy 950 Platinum band.

I found myself lately, waiting for the right low tides with some sand removal, which hasn't happened hence I wouldn't go hunting. Working the dry sand really satisfied the urge to get out and find something...anything!

Good Luck Out There......

004.JPG 006.JPG 012.JPG

Upvote 0

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt, the dry sand can give you quite a workout with the sand shifting around as you walk.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
If you've ever been in the midst of good storm beach erosion, where you dig 100+ signals , as fast as you can, in an area no bigger than your living room .......... you'll never return to dry sand hunting again. It will totally spoil you, and make you detest dry-sand hunting.

Problem is though, that good beach erosion like that (400 to 500 coins in a day) happens rarely. Doh!

OP
OP
wildcarrot

wildcarrot

Oct 5, 2013
SoCal
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
old used white's surfmaster PI, Dual Field, DFX, Minelab GM 1000 and Nox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you've ever been in the midst of good storm beach erosion, where you dig 100+ signals , as fast as you can, in an area no bigger than your living room .......... you'll never return to dry sand hunting again. It will totally spoil you, and make you detest dry-sand hunting.

Problem is though, that good beach erosion like that (400 to 500 coins in a day) happens rarely. Doh!

Hey Tom

I have been in that living room a few times and it is very exciting.....90% of the time I'm in the wet but got tired of waiting. Like you said good erosion happens rarely. Goes to show good finds are sometimes waiting for you in the dry...:happysmiley:

Rich

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me every time that I am able to go out and hunt is the best day ever.
To date, I have never been disappointed, even when nothing was found!

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great hunt, wildcarrot!

congrats on all those treasure finds!:hello2:

Lorraine

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That Great Platinum find sneaked up on us..should have at least capitalized it. Congrats!:hello2::hello2::hello2:

Yeah..in between the more interesting tides I go dry sand myself..with my little light beauty Deus. Quite a few targets actually. I usually get into a Zen state and spend a nice couple hours reflecting on life. liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes that 13 g Plat is sweeeertt! Something about plat when you find one, you know it once it lands in the old hand...

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a huge chunk of plat...awesome dry sand score...congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread