Rainy Hunt Finds 200+ Coins & Saves A Duck...

wildcarrot

Oct 5, 2013
SoCal
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
old used white's surfmaster PI, Dual Field, DFX, Minelab GM 1000 and Nox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very wet here in Socal and we really need it. Out this afternoon at a local beach, in the rain, just walkin' looking for a good spot. I walked a half a mile and nothing and then came across some black sand areas. Some top layer sand had been removed but no cut just a long slope from the berm to water. Wish I'd had my phone for a pic. I started to get targets...dimes, dimes and more dimes + a boatload of zincers. This was a very small area maybe 50' long and 80' from berm to water.

I'm curious if anyone has found pockets of one particular coin and why that might be? I pulled out 123 zincs and 76 clad dimes + a few quarters and nickels, no trash.

While I'm digging all these coins I notice a little duck roll in on a wave and get it's feet stuck in the wet sand? So it's got my attention and I see a few more waves come in and knock her around. Jeez I'm on a hot spot here but I can't leave the little guy alone. There was one stinkin' crow trying to move in + 2 seagulls that I chased off, they would have killed it. I went ahead and picked her up and was going to take her home. There was a lifeguard close by, I went over and he took the bird and called Animal Rescue.

This hunt didn't bring any bling but it's one of those days I'll remember

Good Luck Out There

002.JPG 003.JPG 005.JPG

Upvote 0

ScooperDave

Jan 29, 2014
Orange County, California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT w/10"x 12" SEF Butterfly Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul Rich, yup looks like its gonna be some fun hunting this week for sure! I wasn't able to get out today due to work, I was thinking about the beach all day though while I was driving around in the crazy rain. Gonna get out tomorrow for sure, maybe I'll seeya on the hunting grounds, good luck out there, good job on the duck save by the way.

:occasion14:

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow that's a lot of clad! Being that all those targets rested together makes me wonder what else may have been underneath all that clad? There could be something good that was masked by all those closer signals. Might be worth hitting the area again to see if there's a faint sounding target there somewhere.

MTJosh

Jan 23, 2014
AZ & Deer Lodge, MT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett propointer Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rich - if you were down towards me these beaches can produce dime patches. I pulled 70 dimes in a small patch last year. Only one quarter that day. Plenty of zincs. It was like a plume of dimes. After two hours walked away from the patch as no heavy targets just dimes and zincs. I hope to get out late thurs then Friday if I can get away from work.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That was a terrific hunt, wildcarrot!

I commend you on saving that little duck from its predators; that was a perfect example of compassion:notworthy:

Lorraine

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing number of coins, good job on the duck too.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a lot of coins! I say the duck save counts as gold!

Most I've found in a spill was 2 rolls of pennies, they were kind of stacked but scattered in an 18"X18" area, the wrapper was long gone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread