My Finds in St. Thomas

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since moving here to St. Thomas a week ago I've be able to get out detecting twice. I plan on keeping a list on here of all my finds, not included on this list will be all the bottle caps and pull tabs, I have dug over 200 of them so far. However, I was able to dig two rings and a set of keys and some pocket change. One of the rings is stainless steel and the second ring I assume is junk due to it not being stamped. I am using an ATPRO and it seems to work quite well in the salt water and wet sand here, hopefully there are a few more rings to come!

Thanks for stopping by and HH to everyone.

Vdubguy

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1417786372.662886.jpg

Upvote 0

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Doing pretty dang good there! I went on a 10 hr hunting on the Carslbad , CA beaches last week. Got one silver skull ring and a handful of change. Slim pickens in So Cal right now. I think I need a travel "Vacation" to the east coast.

OP
OP
Vdubguy

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you everyone for the nice comments.

Last night's hunt got me 35 pulls tabs, two quarters, a Shell Matchbox truck and nice men's tungsten band. No gold this trip, but I am certainly not complaining! It was as calm as I have seen the water since December. With the moon out, I didn't really need the headlamp. Even in chest deep water, I could see my feet and coil and scoop just great.

HH to everyone and good luck.

Vdubguy

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427663597.881816.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427663614.350816.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427663631.487673.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427663647.471456.jpg

OP
OP
Vdubguy

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also would like to give a shout out to Chuck from Sunspot Tooling for the super awesome Stealth Scoop 920iX Hybrid. I just got it in the mail yesterday and scooped the above tungsten ring with it last night. This scoop rocks. Here's a picture of my new scoop along with my AT Pro with the Grey Ghost Amphibious headphones.

HH everybody.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427664366.755868.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vdubguy

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out to the same spot that produced some rings so far. Scooped my first 14k earring with my Stealth scoop! It is stamped "14K Mexico CZ" I didn't know that til I got home to have a closer look. Thought for a minute I may have found some diamonds. Haha, no such luck, but gold is gold and I'll take it.

I'm waiting for the surf to churn this spot up a bit so I can try and get some of the deep buried stuff.

Here's some pictures on the earring.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430345006.121242.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430345023.616960.jpg

HH

Vdubguy

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
you are doing well!! I'll be in town on the 6th...will let you know how I make out!!

OP
OP
Vdubguy

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you are doing well!! I'll be in town on the 6th...will let you know how I make out!!

Yes, please let me know. There's lots of nice calm, warm caribbean water to hunt.

HH

Vdubguy

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like this scoop. It's about 2 pounds lighter than my other one! :icon_thumright:
Also would like to give a shout out to Chuck from Sunspot Tooling for the super awesome Stealth Scoop 920iX Hybrid. I just got it in the mail yesterday and scooped the above tungsten ring with it last night. This scoop rocks. Here's a picture of my new scoop along with my AT Pro with the Grey Ghost Amphibious headphones.

HH everybody.

View attachment 1138677

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Hunted Coki beach and found nothing but light targets. poptabs and bottlecaps! the only coins were in the wet sand up by the chairs.

OP
OP
Vdubguy

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunted Coki beach and found nothing but light targets. poptabs and bottlecaps! the only coins were in the wet sand up by the chairs.

There seems to be an endless supply of pull tabs and bottle caps at that beach, haha.

Hope you find some gold while you're here!

HH

Vdubguy

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, please let me know. There's lots of nice calm, warm caribbean water to hunt.

HH

Vdubguy

no, no, NO! the water is cold, murky and nothing to find here!!

Everyone please stay away ! :laughing7::laughing7:

Snow forecast for tomorrow too. :tongue3:

OP
OP
Vdubguy

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good evening everyone. Last night's hunt netted a pretty nice mens titanium wedding band. Sure thought it was gold when I saw it in the scoop.

I'll be back out there again tonight. Fingers crossed for some more treasure!

HH

Vdubguy ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432072062.032253.jpg

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome finds and with the AT Pro! My ATP went crazy in the Turks and Caicos no matter what I did to settle her down. I think the salt was too high or something.

I do have one question, how did you just manage to live there? Are you retired? I'm still trying to figure out how to end up long term in the Spanish Main.

OP
OP
Vdubguy

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do have one question, how did you just manage to live there? Are you retired? I'm still trying to figure out how to end up long term in the Spanish Main.

My wife and I have worked together for various companies over the last 4 years. Mostly contractual work. When our last contract was up, we thought about a change and headed to St Thomas. It was an easy move because our last job we lived out of hotels and campgrounds all across the U.S. So we didn't have an apartment. The company we worked for also supplied us with a brand new car, so we sold ours when we started the job. When the job was over, we saved some money by not having any major expenses. And because we had no car, no house, and no children, we had to start somewhere and decided on St Thomas. We were very fortunate to find jobs right when we got here. I am far from retired, I'm 26 years old and work a 40 hour work week.

HH

Vdubguy

OP
OP
Vdubguy

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well last night did not disappoint. Dug a bunch of pull tags hoping for some gold. I did manage to dig a small silver ring.

Another very unusual surprise was a buffalo nickel. I can't get a date off it, but it is an "S" mint mark! I think I can maybe see a "23" if I stare long enough, haha. Enjoy the treasure pictures.

HH

Vdubguy ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432124307.746694.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432124341.788449.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432124359.667433.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432124390.935663.jpg

OP
OP
Vdubguy

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Day Everyone,

Went out last night for a few hours and got the usual clad and this cool sterling ring. It says "sterling 10k gold top" on the inside. From what I found, it's gold plated sterling. A first for me.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432900494.786012.jpg

Have a great day.

HH

Vdubguy

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That puppy sure has been in the ocean a while! Still a cool find.

OP
OP
Vdubguy

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That puppy sure has been in the ocean a while! Still a cool find.

Is the easiest way to tell because of the pitting? I assume from being in the sand and salt for an extended period of time? It was heavily encrusted when I first scooped it.

HH

Vdubguy

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, the pitting is a dead giveaway. If you found it encrusted, you know it's been down there awhile.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your making some great finds with that AT pro...congrats and keep it going.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread