The ideal beach to detect for rings where?

digitall

May 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can hunt where the rich go or you can hunt the freshwater swim areas where swimmers are more confined to smaller areas so you'll spend less time swinging over empty sand to get more rings per hour.:icon_thumleft:

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The water is way to cold down here in South Florida.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's even colder up here in North Florida!

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I doubt anybody is going to give away their favorite beach. Perhaps, the better way to ask the question is: what to look for in a holiday destination? - - and then do your own research.

Here are my initial thoughts:
I can tell you that it would be best to avoid rough water (Atlantic side of Caribbean Islands) if you are wading. It is not much fun getting picked up and flipped over - usually right after getting a nice gold signal. I use dive weights if there are large waves which helps keep my feet on the bottom when it is a bit rough. Avoid pay beaches - unless you confirm beforehand that they will allow detecting. In fact, look up if the beaches/water are public or private (the laws differ on each island). Decide if you want to stick to one resort or drive to multiple spots on the island - if one resort, then it is rather important to find the right one. Also confirm if the beach is shallow for a ways out or drops off fast - this will tell you how much detectable ground there is. New one for me - Find out if they dredge the sand annually (I was at a place last year that did not have much and I found out late in the trip that it gets dredged). If you scuba, get a resort with an onsite shop and if you solo, confirm prior they will rent to you. A good idea to look online at the pictures of the beach you intend to detect. Lots of videos and pictures posted nowadays. One last thought, I have done better where the clientele were European/South American vs American/Canadian. I suspect beaches with lots of Canadians/Americans have a few of us with detectors and they have been hit more often.

As for S. Florida being cold, you should check the water where I am right now. There is already an inch of ice.

Last edited:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sending you site with articles I wrote - some may help - others may inspire