Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would bring a gun too. A man was kill in Ft. Myers a few years back just for his detector. He was hunting at Night !!

OP
OP
hookahman

hookahman

Aug 6, 2013
Oh crap!!! Really!?! Thanks for the heads up. Wish me luck!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would bring a gun too. A man was kill in Ft. Myers a few years back just for his detector. He was hunting at Night !!
If you carry a firearm be sure you have conceal permit, otherwise carry a dive knife or fillet knife.....

When I hunt at night I carry a firearm and I am licensed. ..

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck high tide is somewhere around 10 o'clock I think

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't see what it would make a differnece wether you were detecting at night or in the day time. I would just call the parks service and see if maybe they could answer the question for you. I also agree with treasure hunter you should never just assume you can carry a weapon. A felony is a felony wether it's done on purpose or not.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Don`t call the Parks Service...you might wake someone up,then you`ll get a NO...if you can do it in the daylight ...then you can do it at night...you don`t need a life guard for detecting.
Gary

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know of no laws against night detecting on Vero beach, just remember you can't detect in the water and stay off the dunes..

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you carry a firearm be sure you have conceal permit, otherwise carry a dive knife or fillet knife.....

When I hunt at night I carry a firearm and I am licensed. ..

I carry day or night hunting. I also mostly hunt out in the woods. God knows who or whats out there :dontknow:

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I know of no laws against night detecting on Vero beach, just remember you can't detect in the water and stay off the dunes..
Yeah that's where all the good stuff is. I get it, but hate that we can't hunt the dunes, it's probably full of escudos and reales!

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
debris1.jpg

gregcecil1.jpg

realefinds.jpg

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why can't you hunt in the water ??

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where is this new law found? It's always been from the average low tide line. ... And no detectors within a 3000 foot radius from the center point of the wreck site..... 1500 yards is over 4000 feet that's kind of ridiculous if you think about the location of the wrecks they wouldn't even be able to be on their own wreck site in some cases.. Throw in another thousand feet and you'll be a mile offshore.
Are you talking about the east coast of Florida?

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First... You can have and use a metal detector in MOST water in Florida ... you just cannot dig anything up... disturbing the ground that is underwater is a crime.
BUT as far as the the Fleet lease sites you cannot even have a metal detector in the water. Anywhere even close to the lease areas you are taking a serious risk entering the water with a detector. The local people are well versed in what the laws are there and are protective of the lease holders.... not to mention they do not really care for the "foot traffic / digging" there. They will drop a dime on you in a second if they see you enter the water with a detector.
Locals know the rules of those waters and the contents therein are the property of the lease holders and removal of any items is theft. Stay on the beach and out of the dunes... it is illegal to even enter or disturb sand dunes to begin with... destruction / damage of the "sea oats" is a serious offense as well.
Fleet coast has many problems with erosion and spends massive amounts of money combating it... they do not take kindly to individuals "digging" up the dunes. They will arrest you for dunes and or digging in the water.
Oh and one more warning...if you see a turtles nest OR a "taped off" boxed area. DO NOT enter it or disturb... they will arrest you after the locals kick your ass.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread